• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Apr 2019
Cabin: Ocean View Balcony
Traveled with children

My family of 9 went. My husband and I (28 y.o no kids). My Brother and his wife (30 y.o with 3 kids) and my Parents (67 Y.o). So we can give you a broad overview of each family type. I wrote a lot, so I headlined everything so you jump to the part that is relevant to you.

LARGE GROUP REVIEW

We choose this cruise line 1.5 years ahead of time to celebrate my father retirement. We scheduled 1 big family excursion which was to swim with the Dolphins since my two younger nephews were limited with what they could do. In addition, we chose the Royal Caribbean because they had DreamWorks associated with it. With less than 6 months to go, they canceled both. So we all ended up doing something different in Saint Maarten. My mother took the younger kids for an excursion and my husband, brother, and sister in law did something different. Day of port they canceled the one with my mom and the kids again!!! This time because there was a protest going on near the French side of the island. They did not cancel ours, we talked to our tour guide who said they canceled over 100 peoples tours for no reason. She said the tour companies even told Royal Caribbean that the demonstrations were done a week ago. Overall, not a lot of tours for 5-12-year-olds. Dinner times sucked. It was 5:30 which tended to be literally right when you got back from the port or 8 which is way too late for people with children There needs to be a 6:00 pm or 7:00 pm time slot like Carnival or Norwegian has.

Ocean View Balcony

Cabin 5D

Cabin rooms were poorly designed so that a scooter can not fit. However, my husband and I enjoyed the room. Very big compared to other ships.

9 Helpful Votes