3. Allure of the Seas
My wife and I, along with our best friends, decided to try one of RC's "mega-ships," and this one matched up with the dates we could go. Allure was amazing! It is so huge with so many things to do. You really have to try not to have fun if you're going to have a bad time on this ship! Embarkation was the smoothest we have experienced (this is only our 5th cruise, but still). We were through in almost no time. We took off from RC's new port in Miami. Huge, but very efficient. Workers at the port were great! The ship itself is massive - the balcony cabins wrap around inside the ship, overlooking a couple different areas. We had an ocean-view balcony cabin and loved it. More roomy than other ship balcony rooms we've had. Nice bed, couch, room to move around. Bathroom was good as well. The only negative about the room was the closet - small and crowded. Did not compare favorably with the Princess ships we've been on. But minor issue - other than that, great room. The main dining room was great. Never went to any of the specialty dining venues - why, when the included food is so excellent? Food was as good as any cruise we have taken. Buffet was good. Not as many choices as Regal or Royal Princess, but all the food was very good. Excellent carved beef and ham! The place where this ship/cruise shined above the others we've been on was the entertainment. Wow! They have an aqua-theater on the back of all their Oasis Class ships which is amazing. Diving, acrobatics, humor, hand-balancing, trampolines...a little bit of it all. We saw "Mama Mia" in the main theater, and it was excellent. Great singing and acting as well. We were very impressed. They have an ice capades-like show as well in yet another venue. I didn't go in with high hopes. Seemed like a rather small rink to do any great tricks - but was I ever wrong! They could really skate - very fun show. The comedians were very good as well. As expected the one we saw late night was pretty crude, but we did enjoy the three different comedy shows we saw. Great variety of activities to join in on the ship. Quite honestly, I go on cruises to relax, so I spent a lot of time at one of the pools. Five pools offered more available deck chairs than I've ever experienced on a cruise. Along with relaxation, I also zip-lined, played mini-golf and shuffleboard, listened to numerous live musicians, and enjoyed just taking in the ship. We were especially impressed with Central Park, an area on the RC Oasis class ships with thousands of real trees and plants. Peaceful, fun to walk around, and fun to sit and play cards listening to a classical guitarist. Service was outstanding, especially our room steward (and her towel animals) and our wait staff in the restaurant. But others around the ship were great as well. No kids with us, but we explored the children's are just to see it, and it looked amazing! Our ports included Nassau, Cozumel, Honduras, and Costa Maya. Had a good time at each one. We did RC excursions at three of them, but decided to just walk around at Costa Maya. All stops were good. For my tastes, I'd prefer non-Mexican stops, but that's just me. Would we do it again? Absolutely! If you're paying, I'd leave tomorrow! Give it a try - you'll love Allure of the Seas!

An Amazing Ship!

scott_r_nelson’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 6D 6254?
Great, except the small closet and the lack of selection on TV. Princess has much better choices. Not that we wanted to watch much anyway. On a previous cruise on Regal Princess, my wife was sick for a day. We were very glad to have a selection of free movies to watch, None here (but thankfully, neither of us got sick).
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins