3. Norwegian Epic
Overall, this was one of the more average cruises I have been on. Everything was clean and well kept and I had a lot of fun. However, I think I would have had fun no matter what as I went with a group of 8 friends. Below I will list pros and cons: Pros: -Clean -Mostly friendly staff -Drinks were made well -Food was tasty and always cooked well -Entertainment was great -Freestyle dining option Cons: -Disembarkment was AWFUL!!! I could write an entirely negative review just for this process. It is the last thing I remember about my trip and makes me not want to go on this cruise line because of it. No one was being told where to go. We were told for "easy disembarkment" to go to the 6th floor with all of our luggage. It took 35 minutes just to get in an elevator. once we got to the 6th floor, we realized that was because the floor was so packed that people could not even exit the elevator. Everyone was in a cluster and had no idea which way to go. Families were getting separated because everyone was cramming in. The lines went from one end of the ship, to the other end, then back to the middle!! No one was around to explain where to go. If there had been an emergency, no one would have been able to get off the ship in a timely fashion. We arrived to the floor only 20 minutes after we were allowed to leave the ship and ended up waiting in line to leave for over an hour. -Great Stirrup Cay tender- was not told we had to schedule a tender boat to get from the ship to the Bahamas at our last stop until the day before, so our tender was not until 10:30. Because of the weather, we did not even get to the island until almost noon! I wish this information would have been made more clear at the beginning of the trip so we could have arrived at the island earlier. -BUSY! Ship was very busy all the time. People would arrive at 5am to the pool deck to save chairs and not come back to their chairs for hours. We arrived at the pool deck on at sea days no later than 7:30 am and we always had to sit at the outside dining chairs. We could hardly get into the pools because they were PACKED with children and the adult only area pool was tiny. - Only one dining issue at the noodle bar- we had 8 people and made a reservation for it. When we showed up, they put 6 together and 2 at their own table. We did a group trip to hang out as the group. They should have either informed us ahead of time about the seating, or sat us 4 and 4. It took 15 minutes of back and forth to even get the two sat right next to the larger table. All in all, decent trip and we made the best of all the cons. I will no longer be going on ships this large, however.

Fun time, ship too big/ busy, some TERRIBLE experiences

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by kelplum18

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

Pros:

-Clean

-Mostly friendly staff

-Drinks were made well

-Food was tasty and always cooked well

-Entertainment was great

-Freestyle dining option

Cons:

kelplum18’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BB 8140
Cabin was very well kept by Larry, our housekeeper!
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins