3. Norwegian Pearl
I have been cruising for 40 years. My very fist cruise was on NCL Starward in 1984. This was a theme cruise which it why I chose it. The Summer Palace was beautiful, the dining room staff was very pleasant, but the food. OMG! Terrible is an understatement for the worst dining room food I have ever experienced. I am amazed at how bad it was! The menu never changed, & the menu descriptions did not describe what they brought out. Crispy fish that came out poached, Bourbon chicken that was really BBQ, mystery sauces on everything! I never went back after day 3 except to look at the menu. The buffet was OK, & I mean just OK. My 1st cabin smelled liked sewage. But, lucky me, there was a water pipe break day 2 which flooded most of the deck, I was able to pack up & move, but my new cabin was in a less than desirable location, over loud equipment used by the staff in the early AM & right under The Stardust Theatre. But at least it didn't smell. Cabin stewards were nice. Most of the people on the ship seemed to be miserable working there & the officers seemed quite unfriendly. Once you are trapped at sea, they nickel & dime you to death! I would swear the ships stabilizers were broken it was so rough. I have never been sea sick before, so I don't if it was that or the bad food, but I stayed queasy for 7 days. I do not believe in saying never, will I will never sail with nor recommend NC to anyone. This ship needs a total remodel. AVOID! Up side, I lost 5 pounds.

Worst Cruise Of My Life Avoid NCL