3. Carnival Paradise
We chose this cruise because the ship was sailing out of Tampa and was going to Havana. We are avid cruisers and have sailed out of Tampa before. This trip provided us with opportunity to visit with family in the Tampa area and to go to Cuba . Embarkation is Tampa is usually better than Port Canaveral and this proved no exception. We also had FTF for the first time. THE GOOD DINING ROOM -----our experience here was not just good it was excellent! Ayu and her staff were the best that we have ever had. The staff shows were fun and the food was better than on the Breeze. At times it was very good. We ate all of our breakfasts and dinners in the Dining Rooms. Dinners were Early Dining in the Destiny. The décor is modern, with no tablecloths(except for elegant night). I liked it. Bacon, Hash Rounds and eggs cooked your way were the best. Pancakes were rubbery and the cereal crusted French toast at brunch was terrible. CABIN-----Spacious, modern and clean with new features such as soft close drawers and USB ports. However, only small bench at desk and no other seating. Our cabin R35 was noisy with the bow hitting the waves often. STAFF------This is the friendliest staff that we have encountered. EXCURSION------Ship excursion, Easy Fusterlandia in Havana was the BEST that we have had. Our group of 7 all thought that it was excellent and the highlight of our cruise. It included a professional show with music and dancing ; we also had a gourmet lunch with Mohito and wine included. CASINO-----The casino was small but had all new machines. The BAD KEY WEST--Getting off of the ship in Key West was a total disaster(in my opinion) Since the ship docks at the Navy Pier, everyone has to be shuttled into town. The halls were jam packed with people and you could not get an elevator. It was the worst that I have ever experienced. ELEVATORS---extremely slow PIZZA----In my opinion, it is just plain bad and not worth waiting for. This has been true of the pizza on my last 3 carnival cruises. They need a new recipe and a new system. THE UGLY--- THE ATRIUM---the atrium and promenade, in my opinion are just plain ugly! The brown on brown and mustard colors are dark and depressing and the first impression as you board is not a good one. It screams old and ugly! Overall we enjoyed our cruise because we were with family and seeing Cuba was awesome.

Paradise?- The Good, Bad and the Ugly

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by travelgma

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

THE GOOD

STAFF------This is the friendliest staff that we have encountered.

CASINO-----The casino was small but had all new machines.

The BAD

ELEVATORS---extremely slow

THE UGLY---

THE ATRIUM---the atrium and promenade, in my opinion are just plain ugly!

travelgma’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6B R35
The cabin was clean and modern , having recently been refurished. The bed was very comfortable, but the pillows were lumpy. This was a noisy cabin at night with sounds of the bow hitting the waves. The lighting was good and although the drawers are very small, the storage was adequate for a five day cruise. There was not much room in the bathroom but the shower was bigger. Did not like that there was only a small stool for seating.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins