MSC Divina Cruise Review
1,756 Reviews

MSC Divina - Keep your expectations low.....

MSC Divina Cruise Review by wcbob1960

• Sail Date: Mar 2019
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

I chose this cruise because MSC offered a sweet deal - $75 for 20 nights!!! I have cruised with Costa, Royal Caribbean, Carnival and Holland America. I hadn't cruised with MSC before.

When I first signed up for the cruise, I got a deal through MyVegas.com to get onboard credit for $100. I filled out all the paperwork, but I never got the onboard credit. MSC said "you have a new customer to get that". I was.

Then they lowered the price. I asked my travel agent about what this implied - would I get the lower deal? Would they apply that lower fee to onboard credit? Sorry, no luck...

Then I told my friend about the lower fee - he jumped in and got the lower fee, and he was UPGRADED to a Balcony room. I was stuck in a interior room, despite my having brought him this deal.

When I got on the boat, and asked about the distilled water for my CPAP machine, the cabin steward got me ONE single bottle, but said "the ship ran out and you would have to the rest during the port stays." Great!

The show's entertainment in the showroom was hideous. No Broadway Musicals, no Magicians, and not a single comic. But loads of Dancers! Can you say "Jazz Hands" anybody???

The Food was so-so. The pasta seemed undercooked, most buffet meals were cold, with a few exceptions. The onboard freshly baked cookies were great, but they ran out of them sometime around day 15. They didn't have onboard softserve ice cream. Instead they had gelato for a price.....

When I got to the Black Crab (dining restaurant), we usually didn't get out of there for 1 3/4 hours. The service was slow, but it appeared to be improving day by day.

On the plus side, the ship itself was a treat - nicely appointed staircases, upscale dining options, etc. The ship's cabins' featured an plexiglass shower door - not a curtain like most ship's have. That was impressive.

The ship's prizes were great too. (Trivia, Daily game, etc.). My friends and I got t-shirts, hats, decks of cards, free 3D race track ride, free bag, and Champagne! That was also impressive.

We didn't do the excursions but we did go out the ship to barter with local taxis, and Hop On Hop Off buses. They seemed much cheaper, to me.

As I said, keep your expectations really low, and you will enjoy yourself.

wcbob1960's Full Rating Summary

Interior Stateroom
Cabin I1 12268

I had a little fridge in my Cabin. That was nice.

wcbob1960