Majestic Princess Cruise Review

Majestic Princess Cruise Review by pamklee

• Sail Date: Dec 2018
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

I was very dissapointed in our cabin. Firstly theres no excuse for filth. My sheer nylon curtains were absolutely filthy and asked them to be removed and cleaned. Secondly we couldn't and i mean couldn't open the door to the balcony, so much so they had to take it off in Bay of Islands and put new rollers on. Thirdly the carpet in front of the couch was soaked from the bathroom leaking. That was easily fixed by just cutting the carpet out and putting in new carpet. Fourthly they were working on our balcony 2 days and left a note that they would be back a third day to work on it again (rust) I went down to the guest relation and told them they were not to come into our cabin again under any circumstances.

Then on the third day before the finish of the cruise both my husband and I got sick, really sick I mean. I went to the doctors on the ship and after paying $500 for an injection and 10 antibiotics which cost $120 AUD. Now three weeks later I am still sick, it went to pheunomia, I am still on antibiotics. I feel that they are not sanitising properly. There were so many people sick. At the doctors they tested me for influenza and something else which they said I didn't have, but on the TV when we got home it said it takes 24 hours for the results to come back for influenza. So who knows????

Other than all that I personally love this little ship but the cabins need updating. The staff are wonderful and the food is wonderful too, especially at nighttime.

They did compensate us with 20% off a future cruise based on the price that we'd paid for this cruise.

pamklee's Full Rating Summary