3. Carnival Paradise
My sister and I wanted to see Cuba and I am glad we went when we did since it seems now restrictions for travel there may be put back in place very soon. The ship is older and smaller but went through renovations last year. Rooms were adequate in size but no sofa or table and a very small desk area. We ended up rearranging the 2 beds from side by side set up, which gave almost no clearance between a bed and the desk, to putting the nightstands next to the desk and placing the twin beds at a 45 degree angle (head to head along the window side and the wall opening up the middle of the room. We had one of the recently added balcony rooms near the aft of the ship (U215). We great for popping out for photos and air drying my hair in the breeze! There are 2 drawers and some shelves when you first walk in and 2 closets. We didn't even use one of the closets! The shelf area had your safe (number code, not swipe a card) and a small "chiller"/cooler (not really a refrigerator) Our cruise director was Mel (Mellesa D) She was a great Tina Turner at the Motown party and also an energetic hostess at the 80 music trivia party. Our favorite Fun Squad member was Texas Ty (Tyler). He kept the games and trivia hopping & fun! Be on the look out for his red cowboy boots! We did not gamble, nor attend any big shows. Our shore excursions in Key West and Havana we done on our own. Embarkation was a breeze but we are platinum. On board by 11:15am. Debarkation was super fast as we took off our own luggage and were street side by 7:30AM. Key West: we were at the Naval base and had to take Conch Trains into town. No biggie but if you are not in a hurry, wait about 45 mins before getting off and you will get right on the train. We rode the Free air conditioned Duval Loop bus and got on & off where we wanted to. Havana: got up early to get a sticker for groups getting off the ship on their own. Carnival lets their excursions off first then they call groups by stickers letter. We had group A. They must have been waiting for stragglers for the Carnival excursions because they called A, B, & C to get off if you were ready. We planned on meeting our I

Paradise to Key West & Havana, Cuba

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by ChosenOne

ChosenOne’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8C U215
See above: cabin was clean and adequate
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins