3. Azamara Pursuit
We booked this cruise as we really only wanted a short haul flight and enjoy Spain very much. As usual we have a couple of nights beforehand in Lisbon and arranged our own flghts. The flights we booked were GBP150 a person cheaper than using Azamara. We are based in London UK. We have been on the two other Azamara ships and this is identical apart from no casino and lack of interactive TV. I have to say I did miss my slots so might end up back on Celebrity. I downloaded the app before travel but to be honest it was very buggy and like a lot of Azamara IT/back office prettly poor. We had a nice balcony cabin on deck 7 which was clean and tasteful. The shower was tiny and not sure if it was smaller than other ships but really seemed that way. Our cabin steward looked after us very well. The flat screen had a good picture but I really miss not being able to view my account online, order room sevice or book tours. I really feel the app doesn't take the place of this. We had free internet minutes but there was no way to see how many you had left unless you went to the front desk which was very strange. The service was all round very good and we enjoyed our meals. I found the wine to be a very mixed bag with some very mediocre inclusive wines. It's almost like they want to make everyone buy up to to higher drinks package. I also found the all inclusive spirits very strange. I like an odd Amaretto but that isn't free but you can drink a bottle of whisky. It makes no sense to me.I also found the drinks to be full of ice and sometimes just didn't seem to have any oomph. The entertainment was very subdued but that's what Azamara is like. I go to relax so it's not a problem for me. The clientele was mostly elderly Americans as it's not holiday time and there are no kids clubs etc. Mostly very pleasant but i saw some peope talk to the staff like servants which was very uncalled for. I am 49 so did feel very young! We enjoyed out ports of call even if the weather at the begining was poor. Going up the river to Seville was very interesting and a real treat. We also enjoyed Almeria very much. In Valencia we had our Azamazing evening which was not bad. Unfortunately we were right at the back so could not see the full stage which does spoil it somewhat. The venue however was amazing. All in all we had a pleasant time. I think after six cruises with Azamara we will try Regent or Oceania. They seem to offer better value. I feel that Azamara is overpriced unless you book within 3 months and then there are always offers. I also feel their all inclusive drinks package patchy.

Enjoyable Spanish trip

Azamara Pursuit Cruise Review by john1970

john1970’s Full Rating Summary
Get Azamara Pursuit price drops

Club Veranda Stateroom
Cabin V2 7049
A normal balcony cabin. Small but very acceptable.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins