Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by ninan

• Sail Date: Apr 2019
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom

We chose this cruise because it was a bit last minute for spring break and we could drive to the port as flights were hard to get.

Embarkation was a bit rough. We got to the port around 11am and it wasn't too crowded yet. When we went up to check in, 3 of the 4 ladies were on their first day on the job. None of them knew how to use the computer (we asked and their "training" was watching a 2-hour video prior to checking people in). It took a long time and the 4th agent was trying to help. When boarding started, they scanned my key card and it had my husband's picture on it. They moved me to another line and it took about 20 minutes to get that fixed before we could board. By the time they fixed it, there was a long line of people behind me that had a similar issue. Clearly more hands on training is needed!

We had a mid-ship balcony room on the 13th floor. The rooms and hallways were very narrow, it was hard to pass someone walking the other way down the hallways. The bed is very close to the closet and the front wall so it's difficult getting dressed and moving around the room with another person in the room. I did know that before booking the room so I can't complain. The balcony was very small - it would have been nice to have 3 chairs out there since there were 3 of us in the room.

The dining was fine. We didn't have a dining package so most of our meals were in the main dining room, or Taste/Savory. Service was pretty good at Taste/Savory, a little slower in the MDR. The food was good for such a large venue. There was a nice variety and always something we liked there. We did go to Q and it was good, but I don't think worth the price of $81 for the 3 of us. We also liked the Local for lunch.

My 13-year old loves the putt putt golf and the logistics of that were nothing short of a total disaster. You get your clubs at the go kart line. The entrance stairs to the putt putt course is about 20 feet away. BUT they had it roped off as a staging area for the go karts. SO, you were supposed to walk to the other side of the ship, go down a flight, walk through the Spice area (which says nobody under 18 allowed), the walk back to the stairs which takes you to the area where you started but on the other side of the ropes, then go up the stairs to the course. And since that's nearly impossible to figure out and way to far to walk to get about 50 feet from the exit to the entrance of the course, everyone just walked across the course (on the green, while people are playing) to get back to the starting line. And if that wasn't bad enough, the course is the best place to stand and watch the go karts so there was always a crowd standing on the 5th green to watch their kids race. I really wish the manager in charge of that would try to play a few rounds while there are passengers on the ship to see how entirely ridiculous their setup is for the rest of us.

We did the laser tag and go karts once. Fun but it was expensive and it wasn't worth doing again. I wish there were more activities for kids that didn't cost extra. The arcade set us back quite a bit of $$ as well.

The pools were good. We all used the slides and had fun. We were able to find lounge chairs though not always in the best location.

We loved the observation lounge to play games and hang out when we were done with the sun or it was too windy/cool to hang outside.

We went to the comedy show and Jersey Boys, both were great. I would have liked to go see the other comedian but it was booked up.

We tried to get in to the escape room but it was also booked up so we didn't make it into that either.

The crew were all friendly and helpful. We didn't experience any of the bad attitudes that other reviewers mentioned.

Overall it was a fine cruise. But honestly with only 3 ports and entertainment all booked up, we got a little bored towards the end of the trip.

ninan's Full Rating Summary

Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BA 13840

Nice room. Large closet. The bed is very close to the closet and hard to get to. The bed is also very close to the desk and hard to move around the room with other people in the cabin.

Balcony very nice but very small. I wish there were as many chairs on the balcony as people in the room.

ninan