• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

MSC Musica Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

So much good about this cruise, if the staff could just give good service.

Review for MSC Musica to Africa
The 7 Dwarfs
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Apr 2019
Cabin: Balcony Stateroom
Traveled with children

THE GOOD - The cruise director Eric was fantastic, the best one I've seen on my 20+ cruises. He was funny, informative, lively and made the cruise enjoyable. The main dining room was excellent, consistent great and friendly service from Yuriy & Collins, great food and an oasis away from the crappy service elsewhere on the ship. The shows were very well done and entertaining. The ports were like nothing I've seen elsewhere, the way MSC have created the beach resort like areas in well worth the trip. Taking the buffet to the port was also very well done. Our cabin steward on the first day wasn't very friendly, however that night he did apologize and everything was perfect after that.

THE BAD - The service from the staff just about everywhere else on the ship was very poor. They were unfriendly, barely spoke even when we spoke to them, were very task orientated. When I asked questions they gave the answer that they thought would get me away the quickest, rather than what would actually be helpful. For example, I asked to buy a power adapter at a shop. I was told there are none in that shop. I asked do any of the other shops sell them. Answer was no. I then said, reception told me last night there were some for sale, all of a sudden he knew exactly where one for sale. Reception, the voyager club desk and several other places did the similar things.

Embarkation day was by far the worst I've ever experienced by a mile. You joined this line and slowly moved in that line for 2 hours before reaching the ship. Every possible task you could think of was broken down into a section you had to pass while remaining in the line. And when you finally got to the ship, the line continued past every possible thing they could sell you. The safety drill was 750 odd people packed into a room, most already wearing their life jackets. A staff member yelled out "You put the life jacket over your head and strap it around you like this" and that was it, the safety drill was finished.

Balcony Stateroom

Cabin B1

The first night there was a very loud and annoying vibration through out the cabin. It sounded like a phone was vibrating on a table. I could feel the vibration in bed also. Was rather hard to sleep. The rest of the cruise, there were no issues.

It was very easy to remember the cabin number.

Port Reviews

Portuguese Island

My daughter loved meeting the King of Incaha Island and driving along the sand tracks in an old 4WD.

Portuguese Island is really well set up by MSC.

1 Helpful Vote