3. Carnival Horizon
We just got back from 6 nights on the Horizon. Had a great time and would sail this ship again. We were a family of 4 sailing at the same time as several other families from our neighborhood. My family stayed at Sunny Isles Residence Inn and loved the pool and room. Price was more reasonable than anything closer to South Beach. Left for port around 9:30 AM and we were in the priority line by 10:00. We only had to wait about 5 minutes to get into the building. They began boarding the ship around 11am and we went straight to our cabins since we had Faster to Fun. We had Havana cabins 5209 and 5211. We had a cabana and our 13 and 16 yo had an interior. Our steward was efficient but I barely saw him. Our luggage didn’t arrive until after muster even with priority. Therefore plan accordingly and bring a carryon with a swim suit and change of clothes. We loved the Havana area but since our kids were mostly upstairs on decks 10 and 12. we didn’t use it as much as we thought. I did love the easy access of our location to the back stairs and everything on deck 5 including breakfast in Ocean Plaza and Coffee at Java Blue. We also loved having elevators and stairs nearby. We had early dining for our group of 17. Servers were good. Food was hit or miss. I had great short ribs but my friends was dry and crusty. Same with the prime rib. Best meal for me was taking advantage of the steakhouse selection and getting the filet and lobster. That and the teppayaki were worth the extra money. I also loved the pizza and I am disappointed they are switching to Papa Johns. I don’t even get that at home! My husband tried the Mongolian wok and hated it. He also had Sushi with my daughter and liked it. I tried guys burger and didn’t like it as much as last year on Glory. We only ate at the buffet 1 time and that was the late day in Cozumel. It was okay but nothing special. Kids did the ropes course and sky ride. They enjoyed the dive in movies but didn’t try the IMAX. Might be because the movies weren’t something they would want to see. My daughter said the waterslide was okay but gave her a wedgie. My son went to club O2 a lot and made a lot of good friends. He even went to Sea day brunch with a group of 16. Except for a couple of comedy shows we mostly went to the casino after dinner. Nice pit bosses but some of the dealers weren’t super friendly but most okay. I lost overall but that’s just bad luck or choice of seat! Overall it was s great week.

Great group trip

Carnival Horizon Cruise Review by lesleyswimcoach

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Havana Cabana (Balcony)

Overall it was s great week.
lesleyswimcoach’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+
Get Carnival Horizon price drops

Havana Cabana (Balcony)
Cabin HE 5209
Loved location and access to pool from deck. Never had issues with noise or people intruding on our privacy. Would definitely get Havana again.
Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins