3. Royal Princess
We are from the Bay Area and booked a 6 am fight out of San Jose to LAX. We were up at 330 am so we were tired and excited. We got an uber to a breakfast place near the airport called Bread and Butter. It was really good and very inexpensive. We took an uber around 11 am to the pier from the restaurant. It was so surreal to see the enormous Royal, which would be home for the next 7 days. Since our daughter was celebrating her Sweet 16 birthday we decided to book a suite a 102.. and make it a surprise on what room we booked. When we dropped off our bags we we ushered into a medallion line. i kept asking if this was line for suites everyone told me yes. We and everyone else were given number 5. We were checked in and asked the lady about suites and she had no idea so she called her supervisor and asked if there was a special area or a person to walk guest on. The supervisor said, " Because you're medallion pre checked you just sit with everyone else. No special area or walk on host." OK/// Even Carnival has an area for suites but we were tired and glad to find a chair to rest. The kind lady next to me overheard that we were in a suite and told me to go up to the lady calling out numbers. We did. she apologized and said to go right on. The ship was beautiful and so impressive. Our cabin on Aloha deck A102, was also amazing. A really gorgeous bathroom with a deep soaking tub and separate shower. We met briefly with our steward, Edsell. We were so hungry and tried to find the dining room for lunch, that was open but no one seemed to direct us right. We stumbled onto Alfredo's and what a delicious place this was. We had the vegetarian pizza and Hawaiian pizza. we also tried the tiramisu for dessert and it was clearly the best dessert we had. all week. We went to the room and unpacked and rested. After mustered we made reservations at the crown grill for dinner. It was complimentary with suite privileges. I had the prawn appetizer and filet mignon with baked potato. My husband had the same and my daughter had the steak tartare and lamb. She loved it. Not sure if I would eat raw beef. We were full for dessert. The wait staff was excellent. Our room steward tried his best but when we asked him to exchange the mini bottles for all sky vodka, instead of the various other liquors. he told us to call room service, which I did. Room service directed to tell our room steward for this request.. Finally we had a room service drop off our pre purchased liquor bottle and we told him and he took care of it. We also asked our steward if we could have menus to order dinner since we wanted to just relax in our cabin. He again told us to call room service. My husband just went down to the restaurant and took pictures and we did receive it. Room service was fantastic. Always early and a white table clothe was et out. We did the ultimate balcony dinner and it was amazing. I recommend this highly. We had so much food and it was fresh. The lobster was way better then what is offered in the regular MDR. The nice thing about it was my daughter was able to order food from the regular menu and eat with us. We tried to see if she could get our UBD menu but they can not separate so it would have been another 100 dollars for an additional one person. My daughter and husband did the scuba diving tour in Cabo. It was so cold and the visibility was not good but that is Mother nature. In Mazatlan we went to the beach in the golden zone. We did jet skis.. The rental is 60 dollars for half an hour. My husband and daughter did fresh oysters from a beach lady. She had a table and just through oysters out on a table and shucked them..They were very fresh and no-one got sick. In Puerto Vallarta we did the Eco tour which was amazing. We stopped in a tiny village called san jose and ate fresh tortillas. Then to the jungle to go on a hike. We also ate homemade tortilla with beans and guacamole from a traditional farm. Delicious and I could have ate a dozen.. Our tour guide discussed the birds and plant life in this region... Very interesting. We ended on a beach ( non swimmable) for a bbq lunch. Really enjoyed this and the people were nice and friendly. Just make sure to have hiking boots and bug spray. We used Sabatini' for breakfast which was amazing. Our highlight was the Pub lunch on our last day. The food was ok, Club class had amazing pastas. It did take awhile to get served. We bought the thermal pass Enclave but were so disappointed that we got a refund. It was so crowded it was hard to find a space to sit. The Spa had foam in it , which I know want harm you but it is not pleasant to bath in.. People were not pre-showering which grossed me out. And a lady had a band aid on her foot. We were refunded, but were pushed to use our money instead on a massage or other service. We said no and then she said the salt rub needed to be returned or she would need to charge me for that. Thankfully we did not open them and gave it back. Only one refund was done, so a trip to guest services to rectify. I did not like also, there was no sea view just a dark tomb with people walking back and forth.. It was not for us. Holland America has the best thermal suites in my opinion. We had a great time and I love cruising but we prefer small ships. Please ask any questions.

Suite 16 birthday on the Royal-April 13-20

Ages 16+
Get Royal Princess price drops

Premium Suite with Balcony
Cabin S5 a102
This cabin is huge. So much space and storage. The front window in the bedroom is amazing. Large balcony with no soot issues. Only drawback the vibration of the anchor.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins