3. Royal Princess
I am one of the passengers that thought the ship and the ports in Mexico were really exceptional. Why this was the right choice for me: 1) I have cruised on the Regal and Royal in the past so I know the rooms are a little more compact than some of their smaller ships rooms and balcony’s. If you tend to hang out in your room a lot, this may be an issue. With all the different places and things to participate in on the ship, the size was not a priority to me only a place to sleep. 2) Really enjoyed the track on top of the ship for a brisk walk/jog in the morning with the beautiful sunrise and view. There is not a promenade deck that is typically more enclosed so if that is a priority for you, it is something to consider. 3) We booked our lounges in the sanctuary for a little bit extra you have a reserve chase lounge chair in a private adult only area. Was able to accommodate those in my group that wanted shade and those that wanted sun. Waiters served food from a wonderful spa menu and offered iced citrus water. I was in heaven. Don’t think any other cruise line has anything like this. 4) The new Medallion system is partially activated so it’s not ideal the way it is because you have to have both your card and the Medallion. Once it is setup, it is going to be INCREDIBLE from the little that we experience with the lockup and unlock automated at your door and the ability to pay/charge quickly and easily. You can tell if your friends are in their room or not. In the future your will be able to use an app on your phone and see where people in your party are on the ship (they can opt out). 5) I’m a business person and was expecting phone calls on a project I was working on. For about $50 I was able to get unlimited Wifi with their new MedallionNet. My cell phone provider offers WiFi calling and that is how I kept in touch while at sea. Had the phone on airplane mode/wifi calling and sent and received calls just like I was at home. The connection was incredibly fast. You wouldn’t think you were on a ship. What could have been better: 1) The one thing that I wish they would look at is the reservation system for dinner. The late seating is too late and to get an earlier setting with anytime dinning, you can’t make a reservation. You are left with waiting in line to get a pager which usually takes an hour so plan accordingly you can’t be hungry when you get to the dinning room.

Exceptional for some...

Royal Princess Cruise Review by CissySez

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Balcony

What could have been better:

CissySez’s Full Rating Summary