3. Viking Sun
Western Mediterranean Cruise, 12 nights. Traveling solo. Rome to Lisbon Shore excursions were very good. Guides knew their subject matter. Viking Sun staff needs to recognize and treat solo passengers the same as other passengers. Except for one experience, dining staff were negligent and offhand to me as a solo passenger. At one dinner I was literally taken to the last table in the dining room, past all the other empty tables (I was early). I asked what was wrong with those tables. I was told they were for "the other passengers". Obviously I did not take that table. And I won't be cruising with Viking again. Generally recommended Mediterranean ports, eastern and western: Rome - a great walkable city Florence - spend time in the museums Valencia - very pretty Greek Islands - any of them, all beautiful Istanbul - see the Blue Mosque Malaga - see the Moorish architecture

Good cruise, but Viking Sun doesn't warrant a high rating.

Viking Sun Cruise Review by coralfriend

Western Mediterranean Cruise, 12 nights. Traveling solo.

Rome to Lisbon

Shore excursions were very good. Guides knew their subject matter.

Generally recommended Mediterranean ports, eastern and western:

Rome - a great walkable city

Florence - spend time in the museums

Valencia - very pretty