3. Carnival Victory
We arrived at the port around 11:00am after flying in the night before. We breezed through check in and was on the boat eating on Lido by 12:45. The food on lido was very hit-or-miss. The deli had great sandwiches and the pizzeria was good but everything else was sub-par. This was our interpretation for breakfast and lunch the whole week. We always ate dinner in the Pacific Dining Room and the food there was much better. Although, some nights were a tad sparse in their offerings.

The atmosphere onboard was always lively. No one was cutting in front of you in line like some other people had mentioned. It was a great mix of people. We participated in some of the trivia challenges and we always had a great time. There is also lazer tag available but much to my DH disappointment we never made it down there. The huge TV on Lido is the best place to watch movies at night. Make sure you catch at least one!!

The disembarkation/embarkation for all the ports went by fast and we waited no longer than 5 mins to get off or on the boat. The boat is a little strange to get used to. I was just getting the hang of it by the time we were getting off! The anytime dining dining room was smack dab in the middle of the boat so it made the navigation very difficult. Make sure you do a walk through while very few people are on board. The shopping talks are informative but are re-ran on the TV so don't bother attending unless you want to. The shows were ok, according to my DH. I only made it to one and I thought the dancing/ outfits(some) were completely inappropriate for children, which were about 500 in number.

Karl was the cruise director and he was just ok. He was terribly dry with humor and I got the impression that he thought he was so funny. The wait staff was AMAZING! We never had to ask twice for anything! As far as room stewards go, our room was in great shape but we NEVER met our steward. I would like to meet someone that I am paying a tip too. This was a different look at Carnival. Overall,I was way more impressed with carnival on the Miracle a couple years ago. Now, I think I will be trying to find another cruise line to maybe suit my growing demands. I can really tell where Carnival is "cutting back". Everyone else is too, I just dont think it could be more obvious than on Carnival. Debarkation was a breeze and we were off in 15 mins or less. The San Juan airport is AWFUL on a sunday during peak season. If you can afford to, stay a day later and leave on monday. Make sure you go through the USDA line first though. There are 2 different security stations too so look of the other one if the first one is bad.

Great Islands, Mediocre Boat