• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Explorer of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
1962 reviews
12 Awards

Extremely disappointing; in fact, dreadful

Review for Explorer of the Seas to Australia & New Zealand
fionaweston3
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Mar 2019
Cabin:

This was our first time cruising with Royal Caribbean and it will be our last. On a number of occasions we raised our concerns with the management of the ship. Concerns raised include stains on towels ( which looked like blood on one occasion and mascara on another) on the first occasion I rang the Hotel director, whose number was in the cabin, re the towel issue to be informed that someone would be down with clean towels , ( I am still waiting) and the to be asked how I got his number, the card din the cabin disappeared that evening. The next night we had the issue of what looked like mascara stains, this time I went to the guest services desk. The towels were replace and we had a visit from the deck supervisor.

On the first sea day between Sydney and Brisbane, when the weather was poor. There is insufficient break away areas for the number of passengers that were on the ship. The promenade area was parked like sardines and some bright spark then decided to run the morning Zumba class in that area.

We were on My Time dining, for the first seven days of the cruise, all 4 of us thought the food was poor and the service was shoddy. After the mid cruise questionnaire, where we raised the issue of service, quality of food, things did improve drastically. There appears to be a significant number of middle managers/supervisors standing around in the dining room doing little while the waiters and assistant waiters are running around

Cabin Accessible

Cabin was large with sufficient room to store a mobility scooter. The bathroom/ wet room was good

6 Helpful Votes