3. Royal Princess
There were 6 of us on this cruise with two under 6 years old. One of us had platinum status so we boarded immediately after checking in. The food was excellent on board. My medallion steak on the 2nd night was the highlight of eating. Even better than the rib eye at the Crown Grill. We only got off of the ship at Mazatlan for 30 minutes. We stayed on board with the little ones playing in the pool Things that I think Princess got right: Concerts at sea on the big screen. Neat concept. Excellent sound system . MUTS except it was cold. Even the blankets weren't enough. Negatives: This is the first time I felt a ship was crowded. People were everywhere. Shows were packed. Sometimes it felt good just to go to our balcony to get away from the noise. The walking flow in the ship is designed poorly.There are several places in the buffet , pool areas, and deck six shopping areas where you get funneled down to single file each direction. If a waiter has a tray you have to stand aside to let them pass. Or if there are are slow walkers, the traffic backs up. On our last night I ordered a hamburger off the left side of the menu and asked if to be cooked rare. They asked for my room number because I asked for rare. Then it came well done. Too late to ask for it to be cooked properly. Everybody else at the table was eating. Disembarkation was easy as we carried out luggage off.

Royal Princess fun cruise

Royal Princess Cruise Review by Joelocal

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony
There were 6 of us on this cruise with two under 6 years old.

One of us had platinum status so we boarded immediately after checking in.

Things that I think Princess got right:

Negatives:

Disembarkation was easy as we carried out luggage off.
Joelocal’s Full Rating Summary
Ages Under 3
Ages 3 to 6
Get Royal Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MC Deck 16
Cabin location was excellent. On same deck as everything going on. Pizza and hamburgers right outside your door
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins