3. Norwegian Getaway
This ship is extremely overcrowded. You will stand in lines, push through crowds, and loose most of your excursion time due to waits related to overcrowding. The cabins are too small and balconies are tiny. Don’t bother getting a mini suite, they are the same size as a balcony stateroom. The food was disgusting. We got hard boiled eggs to avoid the nasty powdered ones and when we opened them they were dark brown- completely rotten. We let the station know so they could remove the rest from the buffet and they just nodded and kept handing them out to people. I hope no one got sick. The crew were clearly pulling multiple shifts and were clearly tired, lackluster or appeared frustrated and sometimes angry. One waitress was so tired she sat in our booth to tell us she was on her third consecutive shift and could barely stand up. The ship is obviously very poorly managed. From what I understand some of the other ships in this fleet are managed much better and the experience is therefore better. Also, one of our party members was walking on deck and slipped and broke their leg. There was no wet floor sign. The management gave him a breathalyzer, I don’t think he was even drinking- they just wanted to try and put the fall on him. After that he was stuck in a room and no one from the cruise even checked in on him or made an effort to bring him food. So obviously this ship should be avoided at all costs. Everyone I spoke to said they thought it was a bad experience. I could not find a single person who was happy. That’s saying something when the ship holds around 4,000 people. I will say that our steward was excellent. He did a wonderful job. The child care is also very bad. My child was in the tween group. I put her in for 2 hours. When they got out all of the kids said it was awful. My daughter pulled her bracelet off and stomped on it. Apparently they locked them in a room with nothing to do, no food and no bathroom access.

Crowded, poor service, awful food

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by New-cruiser1977

Ages 10 to 12
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BD 10114
Small room with a small balcony. Steward was excellent; attentive and friendly. He even folded our clothes.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Atlantis Resort
    Awesome! Highly recommend flying to Nassau and enjoying this wonderful resort.
    View All 664 Atlantis Resort Reviews
  • Walt Disney World
    We were late to port. Only had 2 hours in Park. Tour operator told us to be at pick up area by 8:pm or we’d get left behind. Most of our group of 130 were on time, but the busses were late, as was the tour operator. We all thought we were getting left behind
    View All 91 Walt Disney World Reviews