3. Mariner of the Seas
Royal Caribbean’s Mariner of the Seas is exquisitely impressive, and we were very pleased with the abundance of friendly, pleasant and energetic staff, especially the cruise director, Hugo. My husband and I had cruised with a different line in 2004, and we were very disappointed with most of the cruise. I was hesitant to book another cruise, but thought I would try Royal Caribbean per my travel agent’s suggestion. I couldn’t be any happier with our choice. The entertainment was fabulous and incredible. My husband was asked to assist Aaron Bonk in his sword performance, so my heart rate was a little high while my husband was on stage, however, my heart rate really jumped while watching Aaron perform his dangerous act. After the sword act, we went to a highly energetic and fun adult night entertainment venue with dancing afterward. I love to dance, so my husband indulged my whim and went down on the dance floor with me. As we line danced, I started to notice that we were the only 40-50 year olds on the dance floor. Everyone was so much younger. The food options in the Windjammer were good, but the food and service in the MDR was incredible!! We also ate at Chops one night for our anniversary with the same attentive, friendly and amazing service as the MDR. We were pleasantly surprised with scrumptious cake for our anniversary at both dining venues. I was grateful for the my time dining option so we could work around excursions and activities. After our first cruise with a different line, I was surprised to learn our ocean balcony room on the Mariner of the Seas was everything I hoped it would be, clean, spacious and very comfortable. We slept so soundly every night. Our room attendant was fabulous!! We were celebrating our anniversary and he put a heart sign on our door, which made our cruise all that more special. The variety and options of things to do and participate in on this cruise is vast. We attended the art show and enjoyed viewing some of the most beautiful pieces and collections. We wished we were younger as we watched teenagers, young kids and young adults try to learn to surf. My husband participated in a volleyball tournament. We stopped whenever we heard music. We went to the comedy and ice skating shows. We watched a movie on the large outdoor screen while enjoying the night breeze. While we were not impressed with our snorkeling excursion on Nassau, with no association per Royal Caribbean, we were highly thrilled with our visit to CocoCay, which is a private island of RC. We went kayaking to a beautiful sandbar with different hues of brilliant blue in the deeper areas nearly everywhere we went and with a picturesque hint of light blue that gently waved over the white sand in the shallow beach areas. After kayaking we ate a delicious lunch and then we relaxed on the beach with a Coco Loco (the best drink I had during our whole trip!)!! My only disappointment with the actual cruise is that it ended so soon, which is why I immediately booked a 7 night cruise with RC to include as many family members and close friends as possible. It was not hard to convince our family and friends to join us on a cruise with Royal Caribbean next December after we told them about our delightful experience on Mariner of the Seas. Hopefully my family and friends will join us on the dance floor, so we won’t feel so old!! My husband and I are grateful for Royal Caribbean’s amazing cruise as our anniversary gifts to each other, and we look forward to our family/friend cruise next December!!

Royal Caribbean Fans for Life

nickilynn69’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 3D 6636
Our cabin was extremely clean and comfortable. I was surprised at how spacious it seemed since our first cruise on another line provided a much smaller cabin. I was also pleased with the decor that I found to be relaxing and soothing. The bed was so incredibly comfortable-we both slept soundly every night.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins