3. Norwegian Epic
I was hesitant to book this cruise based on some bad reviews. I’m glad we did. I have cruised many times in the past mostly with Royal Caribbean so this was my first time with freestyle cruising. The cabins were standard balconies and exactly what we expected but our cabin steward, BJ was fabulous. Very friendly and accommodating. We had an aft facing balcony on deck 9. My husband thought it was a little loud due to the rear propellers, I personally didn’t mind. I enjoyed the variety of restaurant choices and the food everywhere was delicious. Not sure I like not having a set dining time and table but that’s just personal choice. It’s nice to get to know your waiter. My only real complaint was the necessity to tender at 2 of our 4 ports. Lengthy process that really limits your time ashore. I would definitely book a Norwegian cruise again but would avoid tender ports. Overall our group of 4 adults in our 50s had a wonderful time. The age group was compatible and we met a lot of great people. Shows were great, staff were unfailingly friendly, food was delicious, bars were not overcrowded. Don’t listen to reviews that claim differently.

First time freestyle