3. Carnival Spirit
So this cruise was a 5-night Tasmanian domestic cruise. We set sail Friday 22nd March. Check-in was smooth and this was the last time we checked-in where Carnival took our photo for their system. Our Sail and Sign cards were available reasonably quickly outside our room. We got into our rooms and checked the Funtimes which didn't indicate Port Arthur as a stop. It listed a changed itinerary and an extra sea day. hmm, this was strange. Anyway, we thought they'd make an announcement after everyone boarded. There was no announcement so afterwards, I went to guest services and confirmed the itinerary had indeed changed due to poor weather. I told the guy we never got anything official. He printed out an advisory which we were supposed to have received in our room but didn't. I wasn't upset but just wanted something official in case I'd claim on my insurance for a missed port day. Anyway, due to the missed port day at Port Arthur we stopped at Hobart that day and Carnival put on free buses for those that wanted to travel to Port Arthur. that was an excellent response from Carnival and I'm happy our captain made the decision not hit rough weather for the sake of a day at Port Arthur. The change in itinerary doesn't factor into this review as Carnival are not responsible for the weather but how they deal with it which they did well. I'd never been to Hobart but we did a private tour. Hobart is a great little town. On this cruise, we didn't really watch any of the shows except a few comedy shows. One comedian conceded this was his first cruise and so wasn't all that great. We got to do Nouveau again for not only dinner but also long lunch at sea. Again. great value for dinner but long lunch at sea was so worth it. $35 for long lunch at sea was excellent. We also go the seafood plater thinking it was just an upgrade ($20) but it was actually in addition to the menu which had seafood as well. There was so much food, I don't think I had dinner! The seafood was fresh, delicious and plentiful. I don't eat much lobster, but this was incredible. We also got the matching wines ($20). The staff at Nouveau were excellent and courteous. This was also our first cruise where escargot was no longer offered at Nouveau. This was also the first time we had Your Time Dining in Empire but wouldn't choose it again. Often, we'd need to wait in line just to get a buzzer and then wait again for the pager to go off. We also like to idea of having the same table staff each cruise. I had an issue with a barwaiter who was a little rude but most of the other staff were excellent. I'd also find bar staff would pour the more expensive Chivas Scotch rather than Dewars and not ask my preference. They're just trying to pump up their commissions. Since our last cruise on Spirit (January 2018), we noticed somethings have been refurbished such as new upholstery in La Playa Grille, a coffee shop at Serenity and the Warehouse as an addition. Soul Play has taken over the area where the art auctions were. Our room was clean and as expected. Everything worked as expected without any surprises. Overall, it was a good cruise and we'd done a few things we never got a chance to attend such as the Nouveau cooking demonstration and Behind the Fun. I was sort of glad to have gotten off as I needed a break from all the fun, drink and food!

Another great cruise with some issues but Carnival came good

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by plettza

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Extended Balcony

plettza’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Spirit price drops

Extended Balcony
Cabin 8K 8155
Our cabin was as expected. This was the first time on the starboard side so I sometimes would turn the wron way at the elevators to go to my stateroom. There was some noise from up above as we were located just under the smokers' area. It wasn't too bad in terms of disturbances.

The other thing I noticed on this Carnival cruise was the addition of small toiletries and shampoos. I can't remember that being the case back in December 2018 aboard Legend.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins