3. Norwegian Epic
We choose this cruise because there were no cruises that were 7 days leaving out of New York during the time we could go. I have been on many cruises, NCL, Carnival, Royal and this by far was the one of my least favorites. The ship it's self was ok. I didn't like the fact that there was only 2 banks of 8 elevators, unlike other ships of the same size which have 3. There was many times that I had to let the elevator go by because it was totally full and this wasn't just on embarkation / disembarkation times. This ship is an older ship from the time when there wasn't the ultimate beverage package being sold. The one large single bar at the main pool deck was ridiculous. It seriously would take 15 minutes to get a beer. The bar tenders were tripping over each other in this bar, just not a real good setup. Also on this ship, this was the first time on any cruise that we were not allowed to drink drinks while in the pool. I mean I totally get the no glass or bottles but a plastic cup, really? The lifeguard was telling people that they had to leave the pool to have a drink. The other thing on this ship, not all but a good part of the crew that I interacted with did not seem to be happy. I know they work long days and they work very hard but other ships I have been on they were happy to help or faked it well. The Cabin I had was alright, the whole bathroom setup was not the best but it worked, my wife hated it though. The dining was above average in my opinion. We went to Cagney's, Teppanyaki and the Brazilian steak house and they were all great. We loved the sushi bar as well as the Taste dining room. One thing that we really liked on this ship was the fact that the staff came around and put time stickers on chairs when they were empty but had a towel on it. You know those people who get up at 5am and throw towels on 10 chairs and then go back to bed. It caused a little rift with the people when we took their chairs that were empty for 2 hours and we were there for over an hour but thats cruising. I just wish that they would make this policy more known to people and break them of the this habit. All in all not a bad vacation but not my favorite.

Less than Epic cruise on the Epic

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by jlozzi

All in all not a bad vacation but not my favorite.
jlozzi’s Full Rating Summary