3. Majestic Princess
We were excited to be sailing on the Majestic, given that she's the newest and biggest ship in the fleet. We'd only sailed on the Sea and Dawn Princesses before, and we enjoyed those, so we figured we'd love the Majestic. However, this ship missed the mark for us. We opted for Traditional Dining initially, but the Allegro Dining Room styling was quite dark, and had many areas sectioned off, so it felt a little claustrophobic. Our table was one of the many that had a bench seat, with access on only one side, so one diner would have to slide across the seat. Not a fun prospect in formal attire! And given that Allegro was on deck 6, but could only be accessed from deck 7, we quickly switched to Any-time Dining. The theatre, although quite high tech, was nowhere near big enough, only holding 1000 people on a ship of 3500. That meant if you wanted to see the show, you had to be there AT LEAST half an hour early to have any hope of getting a seat. And if you wanted a seat in the middle section, you were looking at being forty five minutes early, minimum. We usually like to attend the ballroom and line dancing classes. However, on Majestic, these are held in the Pizza, and I certainly didn't want to be on display while I fought with my two left feet! There didn't appear to be a decent dance floor anywhere on the ship. Princess Live was one option, but wasn't utilised, as was the Vista Lounge. However, neither venues were really suitable. Pool deck was also a little disappointing. A lot of pool space is lost to the fountains, which although lovely, were only used four times on a 20 day cruise. When the band played out on deck, they were incredibly loud - to the point where you had to move if you wanted to have a conversation. The Hollywood Conservatory is, to our mind, a bit of a waste of space. I can imagine that the Chinese market like it, but to us it was a bit of a waste of space. The Hollywood Pool wasn't bad, although the smell of chlorine smacked you in the face every time you walked in there. A common comment among the people we met was that the gym was woefully inadequate. I didn't experience this myself, but hubby did, and he said there were waaaaay too many treadmills and bikes, and not enough of the weights machines to go around. There was a lot of waiting for those to be free. Now for the good stuff. Our balcony cabin was lovely, and our bed and pillows were very, very comfy. The best we've had on a ship. For the first time on a cruise, there was an abundance of deck chairs - we never had a problem finding somewhere to lie in the sun. The World Marketplace, although a little confusing at first, is actually the best buffet we've had on a ship. Because of the multiple lines, we never had to wait, and not once did we have trouble finding a seat. Would we go on Majestic again? Probably not (although I never say never!). It's a little bigger than we like, and it feels a bit like a live sheep carrier - they've crammed as many guests in as possible, sacrificing some of the common areas in the process. I'd be interested to try another ship of the same class to see if it's the ship, or the target market that is the problem.

Unfortunately did not meet expectations

Majestic Princess Cruise Review by Dazlyn