• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Princess Periwinkle
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Apr 2019
Cabin: Balcony

We chose this cruise because it visited Havana, and it was short. We had never been on a Norwegian cruise before, but after reading the reviews, we were sort of dreading it! It seemed that this was going to be a bare-bones, very basic cruise with the advantage of visiting one of our bucket list locations (with the ease of getting into Cuba via a cruise). But it turned out to be better than expected!

Our voyage featured excellent service, a really friendly staff, and a mostly adult crowd (I don't suppose a lot of kids want to visit Cuba!). This is on the small side for Norwegian, about 2,000 passengers, so if you want a megaship with waterslides and 20 restaurants, this ain't your ship.

But the specialty dining we enjoyed at the French place (Le Bistro?) was really good and reasonably priced a la carte. At dinner, the main restaurants (Four Seasons and Seven Seas) were both more than adequate, with super efficient service and surprisingly good food. Maybe our expectations were so low that it just seemed good...I don't know! But me and my husband were pleased with the variety and quality of the food. I will say that breakfasts are fairly basic.

Balcony

Cabin BX

Our balcony cabin was small but comfortable. Nothing out of the ordinary, nor extraordinary. Tiny bathroom, lots of little cubbyholes for your stuff, a small coffeemaker, other basic amenities.

Port Reviews

Havana

We did what everyone does when they visit Havana: took a classic car cruise! It's a must.

Great Stirrup Cay

I really dislike these corporate islands. We didn't even leave the ship. They are all the same.

Find a Norwegian Sun Cruise from $559