3. Viking Legend
We have been on several Viking River cruises before. Sadly-the Legend is an old, tired, leased ship and is nothing like the Viking owned ships. No aquavit lounge for starters, so no great place to sit outside. No outdoor balcony in our suite-which was really expensive. There’s no service on the rooftop-which is the only outdoor seating. And then there’s the food. The dinners are just not good. I’m not a picky eater-and I haven’t finished 1 meal because they are just not tasty. Breakfast and lunch have been fine. The furniture is worn out and the main lounge is set up like an old cocktail lounge from the 70’s. Viking-shame on you for compromising your standards and proving that your growth is now changing your standards. You leased a substandard ship for your loyal passengers rather than holding off until you had a nice ship available. The cabin had none of the usual Viking electrical outlet choices, so I couldn’t plug in my curling iron! I will say the staff has been very good. The included tours have been good and we’ve had a couple of really fabulous tour guides. Viking should send some secret shoppers on their cruises to see what’s going on and to eat the food. I think the senior management would be shocked if they spent a week on the Legend.

Disappointed.

Viking Legend Cruise Review by Pampeiffer

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony
Viking Cruises, Community Team has responded
We appreciate your comments, Pampeiffer, and are very pleased that the Viking Legend crew and local guides you encountered were knowledgeable and attentive. It is disappointing to learn that other aspects of your experience, including the ship’s condition and dining, did not meet expectation. Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback. We welcome comments of this kind and encourage you to contact us directly at TellUs@vikingcruises.com should you wish to discuss your experience further.
Pampeiffer’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Legend price drops

Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin A 303
Old tired furniture. Half way through the. Cruise they replaced the sofa-which was badly needed. There is one US Plug and it’s on a desk with no mirror-so there is nowhere to plug in rollers or a curling iron. The water for the sink was hot-but the water die the bathtub was warm-not sure how that happens, but it did.
Upper Deck Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins