3. Pacific Explorer
Exceeded expections: The choice of restaurants, quality of food and service was outstanding. The entertainment, shows and bands were exceptional - thoroughly enjoyable. The staff were wonderful, particularly our cabin stewards. The ship has been updated and decor is very tasteful. The fitness centre was well equipped with a great outlook The spa was excellent The shore excursions were extremely well organised with very little waiting time for the tenders One third of our time was absolutely terrible - sleeping! The Queen/Double bed, unlike the fabulous Princess Cruise Line mattresses, were two ancient, rock hard, collapsed 'canoes' shoved together with a ridge down the middle. By day 3 I had severe pain down my leg and spent the rest of the cruise sleeping across the bottom of the two beds as it as the only part that had any support at all. Absolutely disgusted with the bed and will never ever travel on P&O again.

Atrocious beds let down an otherwise great cruise

Pacific Explorer Cruise Review by POcruisescgc

Exceeded expections:

The choice of restaurants, quality of food and service was outstanding.

The entertainment, shows and bands were exceptional - thoroughly enjoyable.

The staff were wonderful, particularly our cabin stewards.

The ship has been updated and decor is very tasteful.

The fitness centre was well equipped with a great outlook

The spa was excellent

One third of our time was absolutely terrible - sleeping!

POcruisescgc’s Full Rating Summary
Get Pacific Explorer price drops

The cabin itself was good, plenty of cupboard space and a brand new television plus comfortable chairs on our balcony. The bed was atrocious and worst thing is they appeared just as bad in some of the cabins we walked past that were being cleaned.

I have previously travelled on the Princess Lines who pride themselves on their amazing beds. Up to one third of your cruise is spent in sleeping/resting so unless you are partying yourself into an unconscious state of oblivion, I would not recommend P&O.