3. Azamara Journey
We did a 16 day cruise around the Caribbean.The weather was amazing and the crew could not have been more helpful. My wife and I paid a premium to go on this ship. All gratuities and drinks were included. We have completed about 11 cruises on different ships. This was the first time on Azamara Journey. We enjoyed every part of the cruise except one thing which we consider very important and ruined the overall cruise. That was the deck chairs. For a luxury 700 passenger ship we expected to be able to sit around the pool on a nice day. Unfortunately, we were not able to secure a deck chair on the pool deck most days. On some days we had to sit in the Living room lounge as there were absolutely no chairs available. What annoyed me more than anything else was that there were always about 30 chairs with personal items on them but no one around. They had been "reserved" early in the day by passengers who wanted a deck chair for the day. Although there were signs up saying not to do this, the crew did nothing about it. I was so annoyed I took several photos of chairs that were reserved with personal items on them and went about 45 minutes later and no one had been sitting on the chairs. When I pay a premium for a cruise I do not expect this sort of thing to happen and I do expect to be able to find a deck chair for my wife and I. If you go on this ship do not expect to be able to sit on a deck chair most nice hot days.. I can understand this on a budget ship but not a ship of this standard Until they sort this out I probably will not be cruising with Azamara again.

Wonderful cruise except for too many deck chairs being "reserved".

Azamara Journey Cruise Review by cruising349

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Club Deluxe Veranda Stateroom

That was the deck chairs.

I can understand this on a budget ship but not a ship of this standard

Until they sort this out I probably will not be cruising with Azamara again.
cruising349’s Full Rating Summary
Get Azamara Journey price drops

Club Deluxe Veranda Stateroom
Cabin VX 6060
The cabin was very clean and adequate. Our cabin staff were very efficient. There was nothing they would not do for us.
The shower was very small compared to other ships.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins