• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

cruss9050
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2019
Cabin:

It was always a dream of mine to see both Galapagos and Machu Picchu, ever since I started receiving catalogs from Lindblad and NatGeo. If I was going to see these historic places, I wanted National Geographic to be a part of it so that I could maximize my experience and my learning. I wanted the see more and do more, in a safe and secure environment.

But I also wanted a small group experience. I didn't want to be overwhelmed or stymied by a large cruise ship. I wanted to get closer to the islands of the Galapagos, get to know the naturalists and tour guides personally, and I wanted to meet fellow travelers who shared my enthusiasm and quest for knowledge. Lindblad/NatGeo delivered on all of those things with a luxury cruise experience for 90+ passengers.

The food was local, sustainable and delicious every single day. My husband and I had the base-level cabin, but it was roomy and efficiently designed. It was so smartly laid out that we had enough room for everything we brought with us, and that was plenty. My husband is 6'4" and the shower was tall and big enough for him.

Just the right size. We had all the space we needed in the bedroom and bathroom. The built-in wall hooks were perfect for storing gear and wet clothing. The bed was comfortable, the lighting sufficient for nightly reading.

3 Helpful Votes