• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2019
Cabin: Spacious Ocean View Balcony Accessible
Traveled with children

I booked this trip well over a year ago, and had six friends join us which was great. We were all very excited and had pre-booked and pre-planned everything possible.

To start with, the embarkation at Sydney was fairly quick and our room was available straightaway, and this was probably around 1 pm. We were immensely happy with our particular room up on level 12 but I will go into that in more details later.

We had lunch up in the windjammer cafe which was very nice with plenty of variety and it didn’t take too long until we found seats for all of us. By the time we got back ,our bags had arrived so it was a very efficient service. We had pre-booked the chefs dinner, The gallery tour and lunch, and also the wine around the world talk and tasting. All the information for these were waiting in our cabin for us which again is great service. We met our cabin Steward KOLI..He turned out to be a lovely young gentleman, very personable and very very efficient.

Spacious Ocean View Balcony Accessible

Cabin 1B

Apart from the suites, I’m sure these cabins on level 12 are the best value for money ever.. the size is bigger than my friends two balcony cabins...newer cabins, more modern..we had tea/coffee making facilities..and on windy , wet days, we could enjoy the view without the bad weather..

And the view.. floor to ceiling windows, unobstructed view ....no balcony rails to look through.. we had a huge bed, double sofa bed. And probably a metre or more gap between the sofa and bed....no pushing past hubby..so much room...

Bathroom is the normal size but with heaps more shelving..

Double the usual hanging space in the three cupboards too..

And what a great position...a few steps to the outside ,

I level down to windjammers, the gym and jacuzzi, sauna and steam room ,

The same level as the spa rooms...fantastic.. and our lifts took us right to the start of the promenade....so handy..

I would definitely book these cabins again...Bigger than a balcony but cheaper...our first non balcony cabin, but would use these every time..

10 Helpful Vote