3. Carnival Fascination
I booked the Carnival Fascination for my friend and I, so I could go back to St. Lucia for the 3rd time (may be the last time), and to show her what it was all about. I have been on many ships, of different sizes. The Fascination ship was smaller, but for me, it was so much easier to navigate, than a large ship. There were no long lines, and the elevators go by letters, instead of numbers. We were on deck 5, so our letter on the elevator was M, as our room number is M82. The bad part of these letters is that most people, young and old, had a hard time trying to see the correct one to push. I am not nit picky, so I was happy with the layout of the ship, and how it looked. There were several things going on like Love and Marriage show, Quest, Hasbro Game Divas, Motor City (Motown Music which was good). Outside, ice carving, hairy chest contest. Piano bar is good too, and there is no smoking, which is great. We ate in the MDR, and the food for us was good, especially their Portabella mushrooms, and mashed potatoes. I have never had this problem before, but I ordered pork chop, and I could not cut it, but other than that, all the food and deserts were great in the MDR. The lido buffet area, deli, pizza, Guy's Burgers, Blueguana had really good food most of the time. My friend had a bad accident while we were on tour in Barbados, so the rest of the trip sort of went down hill, but we made it!!! I won't go into all the details, but here are a few of the stops, and who we used to take us on tours, and we were happy with all of these. St. Thomas we took a taxi and went to town, and they have some wonderful jewelry without paying taxes, and we both bought some! Barbados we had Carson Taxi and Tours, and I'm sure it would have been good, but unfortunately half way through my friend had a bad accident, and we had to head back for the ship. After this accident, my friend went on the other tours with me, but stayed in the van all the time, as she was not able to move around much. St. Lucia we had Cosol Tours. I won't go into the details, but they are wonderful, and you can read everything they do on the tours, and it is worth every dollar! St. Kitts we had planned on going to the beach but after my friends accident we decided to just take a Taxi. We had Jimmy's Taxi sightseeing tours T-438, and it was a wonderful tour and I learned so much about St. Kitts. St. Maarten we had Bernard's Tours, and what a wonderful tour it was. We learned about the French and Dutch side, and see so much beauty of St. Maarten.

Seeing ports after 20 years, and checking out St. Lucia for the 3rd time

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by beshears

beshears’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Fascination price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6C M82
We had a small cabin with the ocean view. With two people and a LOT of luggage, we still made it work out. One item I missed in our room was the large floor length mirror. Plenty of closet space to hang clothes with plenty of hangers, if you don't bring yours. Also several drawers to put items in as well. The bathroom does not have much space to put your toiletries, so one of us put our items in the bathroom, the other one put items on the large dresser. You will have to ask for a robe and ice, if you want those from your room steward who was Wayan for us, and we really liked him. I know you are to use the towels they give us to use sparely, but he was always changing them every day, which we appreciated! Nice safe to keep anything of value there. We put our luggage under the bed. Our toilet stopped up, as well as when we came back from our tour, the bathroom was flooded. The card to the safe we used was lost, and when we called for help, they were there to take care of these situations within 30 minutes or less. My favorite part of the cabin (I found out others at our table felt the same way) is the bed with the covers. It is MORE than great!
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins