3. Independence of the Seas
We were offered a great deal on this 4 day cruise. We normally prefer the larger ships like Allure or Harmony, but this Freedom Class ship was excellent and a comfortable size. We opted for My Time dining but remained at the same table every night because the waiter Hemanshu and his assistant Vijaysingh (VJ) were excellent. We are Casino Royale Prime members so drinks are free in the Casino for us. The bar was unusually busy due to the huge number of players in the casino--one of the bussiest I've seen in ages and we cruise a lot, like 5 times a year. Bartenders Hugo, Hugo2, and Elana could have used help--someone to schlep ice and glasses. They literally ran out of gin one night! Crazy! We only got off in Cozumel to buy vanilla and medical supplies. So much cheaper in Mexico. We are coming to Cozumel in June on the Allure with our grandkids, so we will do touristy stuff then. Independence premiered Grease on this cruise for the first time, and I have to say, it was as good if not better than the same show we saw last year on Harmony. The standing "O" lasted 5 minutes.There were 3 chances to see the Ice Show in 4 days, so it was not crowded. Another excellent show. I'm in awe of how RC books such great artists for such short cruises. As a side note, we were in the Sports Bar on Deck 4 when Tiger won the Masters. The crowd was out of their mind! Fun being in the middle of the chaos!

Four Days of Fun

Babs960’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 6D 6556
Nice size cabin with a balcony. Great way to enjoy early morning coffee. Our steward kept it neat and clean.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins