3. Carnival Vista
I love Carnival Cruise Lines and always have. I do my best to get on every new ship they bring to Galveston. Booked Vista at Christmas time for late February. Embarkation was amazing. Smooth, and easy. The best ever in Galveston or Canaveral, for me. Vista is beautiful on the outside. It’s massive! Once inside though, you see the major changes of this class of ship. The atrium lacks everything a carnival atrium has always had. The shops are small and boring, the bar is larger but the service was horrendous. Balcony room was nice! Stewards were overworked and not friendly like any other Carnival ships. The worst so far in that regard. The dining room was a joke to say the very least. Why in the world is the check in counter on a totally different floor in a totally different area? Wild. A “10-15 minute wait” on the app would end up 45-1 hour every time. The staff was terribly overworked, they did their best... but the service was not good. Saw the bar service person once in the dining room the entire 7 days. FOOD WAS GOOD!! Serenity (adult only deck), amazing as always. The salad bar was unbelievably great! Bartenders in this area were amazing. I’m a casino-goer & a smoker. The casino on vista is the worst on any ship. Small, packed, very smokey. The circular bar in the middle has no TVs. The area is very bright and you just end up making awkward eye contact at people across the bar the entire time. The bartenders here were the worst. No respect for customers or each other. Lots of eye rolls behind each other’s backs. Attitude when someone would order a drink they didn’t want to make. Cheers! Package has always been great for me and my group. Always felt like it was a great value. Have never been able to hit the drink limit. On Vista however, I hit it every day. Oftentimes before 9pm. NO LIQUOR IN THE DRINKS. I had a friend (without Cheers!) order the same drink as me - night and day difference. I will not continue to buy this package if they are going to skimp out. GREAT KIDS ACTIVITIES! Highly recommend the ship if traveling with children. 18+ not so much. They have eliminated the “night club”. The makeshift club is now in the comedy show room. The bar in a step up from a picnic table with bottles on it. Terrible music, very awkward in there. Im not sure what happened to having the club be in the Liquid Lounge but it’s not going over well. Sandwich bar: great as always Seafood shack: good! Lido Buffett: on par with Carnival Steakhouse: AMAZING sushi restaurant: very good! Overall it is not a miserable ship. I’m sure first time cruisers might not even know the difference. For me though, it’s a boxy, poorly designed mess. Good luck finding restrooms in the public areas.

20th Carnival Cruise slump

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by Keechley22

GREAT KIDS ACTIVITIES! Highly recommend the ship if traveling with children.

Sandwich bar: great as always

Seafood shack: good!

Lido Buffett: on par with Carnival

Steakhouse: AMAZING

sushi restaurant: very good!

Keechley22’s Full Rating Summary