3. Carnival Splendor
WE just returned from our Carnival Splendor cruise and really had a nice time! The ship is well worn and needs refurbishment, but after a day I didn't even notice! Our balcony room on the 8th deck was very nice and we loved having the outdoor space. It was our first balcony. The food was good, but not fabulous. The best meal I had was the filet mignon. The lobster was good but not wonderful. The ports were nicer than I thought they would be. We signed up for shopping tours with Fernando (which I would highly recommend) and he provided free transportation into all 3 towns and margaritas at Diamonds Intl. After the tour, we were free go to on our own. In Cabo we walked back on the boardwalk thru town back to the ship, stopping for drinks with chips and guac on the way. In Mazalatan, we got taken downtown, which was quite a ways, (free) and after a couple shops we were given a choice of going on a tour of the city for just $20 each--which is a deal! Or going across the street to a hotel where we could sit by the pool or beach for just a drink! We did that and it was better than paying for a beach excursion! In Puerta Vallarta, he took us to the Malecon and after a short trip visiting Diamonds Intl, and a free margarita we went out to explore and have lunch. Fernando was great so I would recommend going with him for free! The entertainment team was fabulous!!! We thoroughly enjoyed the shows, which were Rock type shows. The pianist, Patrick, who played requests from 9-1 was very good so we also enjoyed that. The casino was smokey so we didn't enjoy walking thru it! The service was very good as everyone works hard to please, both the room attendants as well as food service workers. We were just 2 older adults who traveled and we had a great time-better than we thought we would. I would do this cruise again, but I tend to like to see new places. I would definitely want a balcony room , if it was affordable! Nancy

Great fun on Splendor

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by nanaleeka

nanaleeka’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Splendor price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8A 8385
It was great! clean, big window and nice balcony. WE even got bath robes to sit out it! (But you have to ask your cabin attendant for them)
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins