Coral Princess Cruise Review
1,031 Reviews

Excellent time on a partial Canal transit

Coral Princess Cruise Review by scottca075

• Sail Date: Mar 2019
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Suite with Balcony

I chose the Coral Princess because of its LA to LA itinerary and because it was doing a Panama Canal transit, even if a partial one. A bonus was many ports I'd never been to before.

I have zero complaints about anything. I am pretty laid back and easy to please; there were no glaring faux pas on the part of the ship or trip. Yes the ship has bumps and bruises, but the way ships get turned around (and thus keep cruising costs reasonable) I expect them. I don't expect perfection, I just want it to be enjoyable without any glaring problems and there weren't any.

We ate a lot of meals at the Horizon because I like fast and simple, but the nights we ate the anytime dining room and steakhouse were very good and a nice change of pace. My method at the buffet was to try very small bites of what looked interesting and what turned out to be great, I'd go back for more of. Not everything I tried was great, so it worked out well to go small rather than load up and be disappointed.

The entertainment was good to great. There were more activities on board than one could manage and a little something for everyone. I was happy with pool time at the indoor pool and reading time.

Ports that I especially enjoyed were Huatulco, Chiapas, Puntarenas and Puerto Quetzal. We visited a colonial city (Tapachula), coffee plantation and Mayan ruins; all of which were very worthwhile. In Puntarenas, I just made it a beach day and local food, both of which were great.

scottca075's Full Rating Summary

Suite with Balcony
Cabin S6 D423

We were in the Catalina Suite and it was excellent. It was very roomy, a great verandah (2 chairs and 2 lounge chairs) and came with great perks. I especially liked the separate shower and tub and separate space for the commode and vanity. Also a great location, midships.

scottca075