• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Harmony of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
1969 reviews
30 Awards

Nice ship but the solo gatherings were disappointing.

Review for Harmony of the Seas to the Western Caribbean
Steve76006
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Apr 2019
Cabin: Ocean View

Just completed my ninth cruise overall and my first as a solo cruiser. Was very disappointed at the solo gathering. No one showed up the first gathering. At the the first solo and and single lunch two other people showed up (Roy and Sara). Sara was delightful. Never say Roy again.

This Asthmatic hated the smoking in the Casino. This is a problem across all Cruise Lines (except Disney (no Casino)).

Royal Caribbean is a more laid back atmosphere that Holland America. I believe they are trying to compete with Carnival. The food (in the main dining room) and entertainment is on par with Carnival. If you can afford it, I recommend that you buy the Key package (to get reserved seating section at the shows and the Speciality Dining package.

Ocean View

Cabin 2N

Had an Ocean View with a large window looking out at the bow (front of the ship). The shower had plenty of room bu the water temperature varied back and forth (warm to hot and back again). The weird thing was that I had to stick my keycard in a slot to keep the lights on. Found out any plastic card would do. Used an old expired license so I wouldn't accidentally lock my self out of my room when I left the cabin.

Port Reviews

Cozumel

Went shopping and returned to the ship. Very touristy area.

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

Love eating a Bubba Gumps!

2 Helpful Votes