Norwegian Epic Cruise Review

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Caper81

• Sail Date: Mar 2019
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

My friend was turning 50 so we got together for the cruise.

The embarkation and disembarkation were the worst part of the trip. It took a long time and I felt sorry for older people and those with small children waiting so long in line.

The entertainment was very good. We saw Priscilla, Burn the Floor and the comedians three times.

I found the air conditioning very cold and as I spent a lot of time indoors I did not feel as if I was down south at all. The only outdoor space is really deck 15 and up with the pools. The loungers were all taken most of the time so we didn't stay there.

It would be nice if there was an outdoor public quiet area just to sit and read and have a drink. We would go to a bar to get drinks and then go back to our room and balcony.

The complimentary dining was very good mostly. We enjoyed Taste for breakfast as opposed to the buffet.

The staff were all very amiable. Our stateroom housekeeper was very pleasant and happy to help with requests and questions.

Our excursion in Tortola was informative and fun. The hour at the beach was great. Wish we could have stayed longer. We had an excursion booked for Great Stirrup Cay but it was cancelled because of weather conditions.

Overall it was a good first time cruise experience. If we went again I would book restaurants in advance and maybe another excursion. For sure I would book a room with a balcony. I thought I might feel seasick but I didn't. I did feel the motion of the ship but it was gentle.

Caper81's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

The cabin was fine. We loved the private balcony and used it more than I thought. The tiny toilet took some getting used to but it worked fine. Shower stall was actually a decent size. There was sufficient storage space for our belongings.

Caper81