3. Viking Buri
This cruise was amazing. This was our second cruise with Viking. I love the river cruises because they are small, you can come and go whenever you want to. There is no seasickness on the river, because it is so calm. You dock right in the heart of each destination. The staff and crew are wonderful, and take really good care of you from the moment you arrive until the moment you board your plane back home. It takes all the worry out of traveling. The excursions were so interesting and fun. We took the steam train through the Ardeche Valley which was breathtaking. My favorite trip was to the Lavender fields. I learned how the essential oil is made, through the distillation process and even got to walk through the gorgeous and aromatic Lavender field. The tour guides were very knowledgeable and the speaker phones allow you to hear everything even on a crowded street. The food was wonderful, and I also love the coffee/tea bar with delicious regional pastries .The night time entertainment was fun and allows you to meet people from all over. I love the trivia nights. I would not travel with anyone else any more. Viking has spoiled us. We are in the process of planning our next cruise to China.

Second Cruise with Viking

jepetray’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Buri price drops

Deluxe Stateroom
Cabin F 116
We only had a small window, but we were hardly ever in our cabin except to sleep so it did not matter to us. The rooms have plenty of space and are comfortable. The observation room (bar) has wonderful wrap around windows and very comfortable seating, so you have super views of everything while traveling down the river.
Main Deck Outside Cabins