3. Norwegian Epic
After reading all the bad reviews of the Epic's February and March cruises, I was very apprehensive about my upcoming April 6 cruise. My worries were for naught. The cruise from Embarkation to Debarkation was very satisfying. Although the ship is huge, it didn't feel any more crowded than the smaller boats I've been on. Elevator wait times were not bad except when shows were finished. The wait for drinks at the bar wasn't bad, no more than 3-4 minutes at times. The specialty restaurants were excellent. The service was impeccable. Not only in the specialty restaurants but also in the free dining rooms. The food at Cagney's was very good, I had the lamb chops. The food and performance of the cook at Tepanyaki was excellent. The food at La Cucina was outstanding. There wasn't a dessert offering at Teppanyaki, I always ordered two appetizers since there was no additional charge. The food at the two free dining rooms was o.k., but the service was excellent. The entertainment was great. Broadway or West End equivalent. Pricilla Queen of the Dessert was not for kids.. It was up there with The Book of Mormon. Burn the Floor was fabulous and thats coming from one who i not crazy about dancing shows. I skipped the ports since I've been to them all before. Not a fan of most of the overpriced activities. Would go again on the Epic.

Surprised: It was a very good cruise!

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by dgreeney

Elevator wait times were not bad except when shows were finished.

The wait for drinks at the bar wasn't bad, no more than 3-4 minutes at times.

The food at the two free dining rooms was o.k., but the service was excellent.

Would go again on the Epic.
dgreeney’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Inside
Cabin ID 11094
I read so many complaints about the cabins.
The negative reviews were mostly unfounded. The toilet was small so chubbies would have a very hard time getting in and out. I am of average height and weight so it was not difficult to maneuver.
There is a plexigall screen th slides out to provide privacy.

Across the toilet is a small shower that also has a plexiglass screen to prevent water from getting out and also to provide privacy.

Outside the shower is a curtain that blocks the view of both the toilet and shower. Again, all the privacy one needs.

One drawback is the very small sink. Very European. Its not bad for washing one's hands and pouring a drink of water, but if you try to wash your face, water will splash everywhere.

There is plenty of closet space and drawer space.

The bed was extremely comfortable. Not once did I wake up with a backache as I do at home with my very expensive mattress.

The bed was a bit short; it fit my 5 feet 9.5 inch length without my toes hanging over.

The biggest drawback to the cabin is the lack of outlets. There are two plugs underneath th shelf that ran from the sink to near the bed. The plugs were very hard to see and use without a flashlight.

The cabin is more than adequate for one or two people.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins