3. Norwegian Sky
The ship doesn't have all the bells and whistles the newer ships have, but its not the reason I chose this ship. I chose this ship because I liked the itinerary. If you are interested in the ship's activities, you will probably not be too pleased...unless laying by the pool with a good book is your thing. I love the smaller ships. For some reason, the service is more attentive. Every port was great. Our OV cabin had no issues and the bed was really comfortable...truly slept well every night. I believe the bedding was new. With the promo, we tried 3 of the restaurants. Our party found Cagney's to be the best. Some dishes were bland. Maybe an investment in better cooks would be helpful. The food looked better than it tasted. Not to get it twisted, you can find/get good food, you just have to seek it out. I LOVE the fact our food and drinks were included in NCL's private island (stirrup cay). That is a marvelous idea! There are restaurants on their island. I only tried 1 (something grill). Hamburgers, hot/chili dogs, jerk chicken, etc. The food was tasty. Food, cocktails, fun in the sun...all good. Getting into the port late for Key West was problematic. Thousands of people lined up to get off the ship at the same time was not fun. NCL should have this type of issue better coordinated. Once off, all was good. I had my first key lime pie...yummy. Also, enjoyed some key lime pie martinis. I've heard good and bad about Havana. IMO, it was a good experience. I enjoyed my visit there. Some didn't like the crumbing buildings. It didn't bother me. It is what happens when the infrastructure isn't kept up. I wasn't surprised at all. They are still driving in cars from the 50's...it's like time has kinda stood still. Many places only had stairs, not elevators. You might wanna check ahead, if stairs are a problem for you. We did a classic car tour...fabulous! Some did the convertible, others the hardtop. Great tour. Definitely recommend the classic car tour! LOVED the fact the currency exchange is right at the terminal. Upon returning, we could exchange the CUC back to US dollars. Every night we did the Bliss nightclub. I believe we closed it 4 out of 5 nights. We were 1-inch from being spring breakers (we are a over 40 group). I like the smaller ship for its intimacy. You get to know the ship staff. We actually had a bar waiter...whenever he would see us, he would take our order. Our cabin steward would always greet us by name with a smile. It has been 2 weeks now and I am still smiling from the great time I had aboard the NCL Sky.

I would do this cruise again...

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by jcaldwell