3. MSC Armonia
I picked MSC because if the price and I’ve never sailed with them before. I chose the Fantastica room level. Embarkation was super easy and fast! You have to go to a kiosk to put your credit card on your cruise card, just explore the ship and when you see one of the kiosk free pop on. It’s super easy and fast. Food: Food was plentiful and tasty. Mind you, buffets are buffets. The food is not piping hot by the time you find someplace to sit. The dining rooms food wasn’t piping hot either. I think I had one meal that let off a little steam and I was so happy. But despite the Luke warm food, it was all still very tasty. In the dining rooms if you didn’t like something, our wait staff would get you something else quickly. They were trying to make sure we enjoyed our meals. Our water glasses were always full of cold water too (but I think that depends on which area you get). Rooms: I had an ocean view room and it was spacious! I’ve been on 14 cruises and this was by far the roomiest ocean view cabin I had. Plenty of storage spots, if it looks like a cabinet it was. Bathroom was ok - plenty of toilet space and sink space. Shower is tiny with not so fresh shower curtain. Bring your own $1 liner and put it up. Not gross when it’s a fresh new liner trying to get close and personal during your showers. Drinks: with the fantastica package you get drink vouchers. No where on any paper work does it tell you to take the one piece of paper that says **Fantastica Drink ... to guest services. Make sure you do this on embarkation day so your literal vouchers are delivered to your state room. Those vouchers get you one non-premium drink per. I’m not a big drinker so it’s all I needed. Water: bring a stainless steel water bottle and fill up (with one of the cruise cups) with ice and water daily. Tastes great. Or use a voucher for the $5 bottle of mineral (spring) water or sparkling water. Entertainment: I’m going to be honest, the regular theater singers are not that great. If you’re easily pleased you may love it. We started skipping shows because they were poorly directed and cast. The acrobats were excellent, wish there was more of them. Examples... a single dancer or pair of dancers would have made the karaoke like performances pop, some solo songs had all dancers on stage doing nothing and that was a shame, the acrobatic parts were weaved around the staff dancers/ singers which was often distracting and off-putting. The bands/acts in the loungers were amazing! So much better, just pick a type of music you love and stay in that lounge. The onboard event staff were all super friendly and trying real hard to make sure everyone was having a good time - do the events with them. They were great. Cuba: the ship makes it seem you have to do one of their excursions in order to get off in Cuba. This is not true. As long as you are spending money on people to people activities you can get off. Customs doesn’t check that, they only want your passport and visa. The people to people requirement is more for USA citizens. If you get off the ship in Havana, directly across the street from the port is a hotel, in there they have amazing excursions to beaches and all the fun stuff not offered by the cruise line. You can take these! Get Cuban cash before leaving the terminal, there are exchange places at the bottom of the stairs with no lines. Unless you have a credit card that does not originate in the USA you need Cuban dollars for everything. Take that into account when getting your travel cash. Oh and Canadian money didn’t exchange higher than the American dollar the day we were there (people with us were not happy with their Canadian exchange). All in all it’s a small ship with some nice distractions. It’s very relaxing and clean. If you’re looking for a ship with constant activities and partying pick another ship. If you’re looking to relax and just go with a good flow, this ship is a good choice.

6 Day Cuba Cruise out of Miami was Very Good