3. Radiance of the Seas
I am a loyal cruiser with RCCL & Celebrity. I was shocked and very disappointed with my experience on board this ship. Radiance was supposedly refurbished in May 2016. The food was okay. Nothing special or outstanding. I find it very annoying that I'm being solicited during a meal to buy a specialty dinner. It's very disruptive to the dining experience and this seems to be the new practice on cruises now, which is not acceptable. I did not find the on-board entertainment to be very good. After a few nightly shows, I gave up and quit going. The Diamond Club Lounge was always so crowded with no seats and way too hot that I had to take my cocktails and food to the adjacent lounge to enjoy. I visited the spa for a pedicure and the pedicure chair with the massage jets was broken, but the nail tech didn't inform me until I asked her to turn the jets on, then she said they weren't working. By this time, I'm already in the process with polish removed and feet soaking. The manager of the salon was of no help and when I got back home, I contacted RCCL. They said they have no control over Canyon Ranch Spa because it's a separate company and I should contact them. So much run-around only to find out that RCCL doesn't take responsibility for their spa. So, ladies, beware! The ship excursions have become so outrageously expensive, so I book most tours on my own. I did take two ship excursions and they were enjoyable. Embarkation went very smoothly. Disembarkation was a nightmare. At the beginning of the cruise, I had my power strip confiscated and they promised it would be in a certain area in the cruise terminal at the end of the cruise, which it wasn't. So my disembarkation was delayed because they couldn't find the confiscated items table. A very helpful New Zealander staff woman helped track it down for me, and I was very grateful. I've noticed negative changes in RCCL my last couple of cruises, but this was the worst cruise ever! So this is the end of my cruising with RCCL. They are a garbage cruise line and I will now be going to other companies for my vacations. I'm a solo traveler, so I always have to pay double to cruise. After 19 cruises, they've lost my loyalty and my revenue stream.

Don't Cruise on This Ship!

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by kaysha2004

kaysha2004’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 2D 9578
Do NOT stay in cabin #9578. The A/C does not work, the bathroom has a sewer stench in it, and there was no cold water in the shower. This was a 10-day cruise and it took until day 5 to somewhat resolve these problems. The A/C was never fixed, so they brought in a box fan for the cabin. After 4 attempts, they finally got the sewer stench resolved. And after changing out the shower fixture three times, I finally got cold water in the shower. The condition of the cabin is worn out and run down, dust balls on the baseboards and carpet, chipped wood on the furnishings. The whole ship was very hot in all public spaces and there were lots of water leaks, which was evident from the giant blowers trying to dry the carpets. I've never been so happy to get off the ship at each port and actually dreaded getting back on board. I do give credit to the maintenance staff that tried their best to resolve the problems and profusely apologizing.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins