• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Norwegian Epic Review

Editor Rating
4 Awards

1st Norwegian Cruise = "Mixed Bag"

Review for Norwegian Epic to the Eastern Caribbean
LindaBabe
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Mar 2019
Cabin: Family Balcony
Traveled with children
Atrium
WashyWashy - SHE was one of the highlights of our cruise.

This cruise was chosen by the parents of our honorary grandchildren, with whom we sailed, based on price and timing during school vacation. We've all been to both Tortola and St. Thomas before.

We were overjoyed to be invited along, and were fortunate enough to win an upgrade to a balcony room. Unfortunately, There was no room in the room for my mobility scooter AT ALL. Indeed GETTING to the room was a challenge for both me and the stateroom host who tried to park it the first night, so I ended up taking it to guest services on deck 5 to park it. I went to get it on the last morning, and they had "lost it". We waited nearly 3 hours and it was not found. at 6:30 that night I got a call it had been found - could I come get it? Really? I was 450 long miles away by then. I still don't have it back. So far they haven't handled it well. THAT experience has cast a negative aura over an otherwise pretty good experience.

Our previous cruises have all been with Disney. Even our inside staterooms with them have been larger than this one was.

Family Balcony

Cabin B3

The cabin was quite efficient and it was an upgrade from the inside cabin we originally booked. We were thrilled get the balcony and it definitely enhanced our experience. torage was adequate and our room steward was TERRIFIC. ON the other hand, the bed was short and uncomfortable, there were 2 outlets under the "desk area - hardly sufficient to power 2 CPaps, two computers and three phones. The transparent enclosures around the toilet and shower were "interesting" to say the least, and the whole room was small.

Port Reviews

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

FISH LIPS! Fat Donkey ice cream!

Tortola

I have loved Tortola in the past but it is still suffering badly from the effects of the hurricane two years ago. They need our tourist dollars! As a mobility impaired person it was really hard to scooter around Road town because the sidewalks are a)non existant b) in poor repair or c)blocked by vehicles or construction equipment. Advice - hobble to a taxi and be driven around.

Great Stirrup Cay

I stayed on board because of the difficulty tendering. The family rated it *ok* not as good as Castaway Cay (Disney's island) - Difficulty with tendering process - lack of directions - no map to be had - little shade - mediocre food - partly because they didn't know all of what existed until they heard other people talking on the way back to the ship.

previous reviewnext review