We enjoyed this cruise very much. We have been on Oceania before, and chose this cruise for the itinerary of Lima to NYC. It was the middle leg of getting the ship from Tahiti, where it had spent the winter, to Europe, where it will spend the summer. We love O for the food, and the food was quite good. The new Dom Perignon events were great (separate charge, but great value for the money). The wine service has stepped up a bit - the wine stewards seem to have more training & knowledge than they used to (not a high hurdle, but much appreciated). Service in general was excellent - friendly, effective, welcoming. The onboard entertainment, a typically cited weak point for O - well, we can't comment, we tend to use dinner as our entertainment. We did not use any ship's tours; we did appreciate the free shuttles offered in Peru and Ecuador. The ship's activities were plentiful and interesting; one sea day I actually programmed the events I was interested in into my phone so I didn't miss any, although getting sidetracked or relaxing wouldn't be so bad either... We ate more times in the specialty restaurants on this cruise than ever before. A couple hundred people were on since Papeete (so had already had plenty of time to enjoy), the ship wasn't 100% full, and we did get into a code red (GI cases - apparently most likely from street food in South America). We enjoyed all the restaurants; the steak at Polo continues to be hit-or-miss - my spouse has decided that ordering something other than steak (lobster, veal oscar, etc.) is the way to go - although my ribeye was great. The main dining room (GDR) and Terrace Cafe were both excellent. There were a few small items in our room that needed fixing, but were fixed within an hour of mentioning (loose handle on door to veranda; mis-aligned closer on bathroom door). Our room stewards were top-notch. The lectures were interesting, with well-selected topics. The presenter quality was a bit mixed - one quite good, one very knowledgeable but not quite as engaging.

Great itinerary, great time

babysteps’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Marina price drops

Verandah Stateroom
Cabin B3 7121
Extended balcony, was pre-set with both loungers and chairs. Compact but well laid out. Lovely appointments, amazing bed and bedding. Looking forward to the "Next" update that will bring on-demand TV content.
Deck 7 Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins