• Newsletter

6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2019
Cabin: Spacious Ocean View Balcony

My wife and I have taken this ship 3 different times and have usually found it enjoyable. I remember commenting to her the last time how good the food was in the main dining room for 4 of the 5 nights. This time around it was decent only 1 of the 5. Salads and appetizers were fine but the main course was either just warm, tough, overcooked (steaks), little flavor or all of the above. We sent two dishes back but that didn't solve the problem.The service was very good with our waiter very nice. We chose "anytime dining" which means you had better make a reservation or you won't be seated anytime soon. We were seated in the same section each night at a table for two. I asked to have a table for two in the same waiters area but next to the window. After an explanation of why that wasn't possible I sat there and looked at that able sitting empty for 3 nights.The remainder of the cruise was just fine. Our balcony cabin (8052) was as expected. Clean and quiet. The Brilliance is not a huge ship which is part of the charm. We like to cruise out of Tampa because it is very easy to do so, chances are we will be on the Brilliance again. I just hope they get it together in a couple of ways.

Spacious Ocean View Balcony

Cabin 2B

Just as expected. Clean, well taken care of. Friendly crew.

7 Helpful Votes