3. Crown Princess
First let me say, we are avid Celebrity Cruisers, or at least used to be. When they introduced the Edge we were excited about something new, BUT they have priced themselves out of the market with the new ships, and they go to awful ports. So we decided to try and find a new cruise line. We researched and thought Princess would be closest. I guess if you start at the top, its hard to come down. The good things: We had a suite (for our anniversary) which was one of the best layouts we've ever seen. So spacious, and well organized. Our room steward was exceptional...better than any steward OR butler we ever had on Celebrity! The premium dining experience in Sabitinis was worth every penny and more! The staff truly made us feel welcome, and the food was outstanding. The Zumba instructor was one of the best I've ever experienced at sea. The itinerary was great. Its really nice to have the international café open 24 hrs a day. The food is not bad and if you get hungry at 3:30 pm ….you don't have to wait for the buffet to open at 5... The bad things: Priority boarding for suite guests is supposed to exist but it doesn't. You are grouped in with about 300 other guests who are Elite. And if I hadn't caught the mistake the boarding agent made, we wouldn't have even been with Elite people. Same thing happens with "priority debarkation"...it doesn't exist. The buffet was awful...totally cramped with an unworkable layout, bad food, and hardly no selection. The main dining room is hit or miss. The first night we waited almost an hour for our appetizer to be brought to us. Dinner took a total of 1.45 hrs....and we didn't stay for dessert because we were so frustrated. After much debate we decided to give it one more chance. I'm glad we did because the service was much better. The food is edible but not anything to write home about. Again.....some good nights and some bad. Chops Grill was awful. We had veal chops that were tough and tasted like cheap beef. Service was slow and disinterested. The spa (on my trip) was very bad. The $200 facial I received was a joke. Definitely not worth the money. I knew it would be overpriced but I atleast expected a $100 facial for $200. The staff member who did mine, squeezed my head so hard (her idea of a scalp massage) it felt bruised for 3 days after. I did mention it to a manager and she offered a redo the next day, which I canceled because my head hurt so much. The service desk does not speak good English so if you have an issue....good luck. I had purchased a $50 Spa credit (with Credit Card points) before ever boarding. It was never applied to the booking, so I went to the desk to see about it. They had delivered a $50 spa Gift card good ONLY on port days and a $25 OBC to use in ship store, to our room on our anniversary (which was a very nice touch and I should have listed above). But they kept insisting the $50 credit that I purchased was that one. It took me an hour and getting so upset I was in tears, to get them to understand. I kept pointing to the words "a GIFT from Princess Cruises on your special days" imprinted on the card, and the fact that it was only good on Port days. The credit I purchased was good any day. Finally I got through to them, but it still took another day and 5 phone calls to get it fixed. If it had been Celebrity, they would never had argued over a $50 credit with a suite guest.....or any other guest for that matter. I don't know if they just don't understand English very well, or they just didn't care...hard to say. Before that happened we were thinking of giving Princess another chance with a different ship, and went to the future cruise desk. They have ONE person working so its always a wait, but we waited only to get treated like she just could care less. We wanted some recommendations on Alaska...ship size, ports, ect. EVERY question we asked, we were given the response "it just depends on what you want" I wouldn't have asked if I knew what I wanted...duh. We needed some guidance, and she just wanted to rush us out. Needless to say, we didn't book anything, and probably wont. I was so hopeful we would like Princess, but we will just have to try another line. I miss Celebrity but wont pay the inflated prices for the new ships. Love the older ships, but they do the same itinerary's every year, and we just got bored with that.

First Princess Cruise-Maybe our last???

Crown Princess Cruise Review by Reba 954

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean

The good things:

The Zumba instructor was one of the best I've ever experienced at sea.

The itinerary was great.