3. Norwegian Sky
Our cabin was small but comfortable. There was a problem with the heat, it was either too hot or too cold, we finally decided on cold and slept with extra blankets. Our cabin steward Tutu kept it clean for us, and made sure we had ice water everyday as requested. The first day of the cruise we were served drinks on the pool deck, and the waiter had his hand out for a tip. My understanding is that tipping is not required (we did the pre-tipping). I don’t mind tipping at all, but this seemed out of line for NCL. The last night of the cruise, the service in the Palace restaurant was EXTREMELY slow and our food was cold. My steak was over cooked (I requested rare and got well done) but I didn’t want to wait for another one. I have no complaints about the server himself. The shore excursions were wonderful and we really enjoyed them. The prices for the most part are reasonable. Almost every person we came in contact with was friendly. I did have one occasion where I couldn’t find my room key card and the person letting us off the boat got very impatient and rude with me. I found it stuck in my passport. We enjoyed the entertainment on the ship. We had no problems getting on or off the ship. For the most part, I really love NCL. I had a cruise planned this week but had to back out due to a severe foot injury. My roommate (who is a travel agent and also a Cruise Critic) was able to flip another friend in my place. I have a cruise planned in Oct to Russia/Estonia/Finland/Sweden/Germany for my husband and I for our 25th Anniversary. We are paying to stay in the Haven, and believe me, I will be watching everything there too and writing about it on Cruise Critics. My biggest complaint is the internet. It doesn’t work half the time, and when my roommate requested assistance, she was treated like she was an idiot, and the people were not helpful at all. That was disturbing. I want to give a shout out to Tutu, he is a hardworking man. We left money in the room and he didn’t touch it. I also accidentally left the safe open one day, and he did not touch the money in there. We left him a nice extra tip as a thank you for being honest and hardworking. Also a shout out to the entertainment director who was very pleasant when we ran into him, and the gentleman who was working in the cruise next office. He was extremely friendly and helpful. All of our wait people were awesome in the restaurant the Palace. We ate there out of convince almost every night because it was close to our room and we liked it. Other than the one night when the service was slow and the food was cold, the food was delicious and the service was excellent. The Garden Cafeteria had a nice selection of food when we were in there. We did try to book meals at the other restaurants, but they were completely booked. Overall, it was a very nice cruise. NCL does a great job with the excursions for Cuba. I was thrilled to be there as my dad was stationed there in the Navy in the early 1950’s and always talked about what a beautiful country it was before Castro. This was my 10th cruise and my 5th with NCL, it’s actually my favorite cruise line. I plan on booking more cruises over the next several years. Other than the few small complaints I had, NCL does a wonderful job.

Great Cruise to see Cuba, really enjoyed it!

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Flygirlnursemama