Viking Vili Cruise Review

Trip of a Lifetime!

Viking Vili Cruise Review by Ann EC

• Sail Date: Apr 2018
  • Destination: Europe River

I am Canadian and my cousin is American. We have met up at various places on the globe, as a way of seeing each other, as well as enjoying an adventure together. We chose to cruise on the Danube, as neither one of us had ever been on a river cruise and we hadn’t visited several of the cities that the cruise stopped at. As far as which cruise line to chose goes, that was an easy decision as we had heard wonderful things about Viking. After our cruise was over, I read that Viking was chosen as the Number #1, river cruise line, by Conde Nast. I have only wonderful things to say about Viking, so I can easily see, why it would be an award winner.

Our room was comfortable, the meals were excellent!!

If I had to list my favourite thing of my experience, I would have a difficult time to chose just one thing. I loved how organized each stop was and how it took less than a minute to get off the boat - there was no 20 minute line up to get off, which is common on ocean cruises. I also loved how I knew which bus to get on as soon as I stepped ashore. I loved how each port had a free city tour. I loved that all the day tours were graded for diffulty, as mobility was an issue for my cousin.

To add to my point of disembarkation being easy at each port, I want to add that going to all of the meals, lectures and entertainment venues were equally easy. There were no line ups, there was no waiting, it was all very relaxed and civilized.

I could go on and on.

I would highly, highly recommend a river cruise with Viking for anyone.

Go and have to time if your life!!

Ann EC's Full Rating Summary