3. Carnival Freedom
This was an experimental cruise for us. We have taken 10 cruises and normally book a Jr Suite, or a balcony. This time we decided to go with an outside cabin with an eye toward saving some money. Right up front, I must admit I really really enjoyed this cruise. First of all, the boarding in Galveston was fantastic!! We normally have priority boarding because we usually book a Jr Suite, but this cruise was an Outside room, which would have meant long lines and slow processing. I can honestly say we boarded just as quickly on this cruise as any other cruise we have ever taken. We showed up at noon, walked right in and was promptly processed. No lines at all, no Disney World serpentine shuffle!!! The hardest part was just walking up the gang plank! Galveston and Carnival have figured it out!!! As a military veteran, I was overwhelmed by the attention Carnival has given to Armed Forces Veterans. Not only did we have daily teas and gatherings, but there was an awesome Veterans Salute in the Victoriana Theater. It was truly the highlight of our cruise. Every serviceman and woman should experience this. We decided not to take any organized tours of Key West, Freeport or Nassau, but rather, to walk around and shop. No one we talked to really like the hop on-hop off trolley, because of long lines and long wait times. Walking was easy for us, as everything we wanted to see was close at hand. We had no complaints about the food, entertainment or service. We were told we had 3330 passengers on board, but never felt crowded or uncomfortable. I will say that if you are not a smoker, stay clear of the casino, as the smoke is so thick in there, I found it hard to breathe, even as I walked by. We were very pleased with all aspects of the cruise and will do it again.

Carnival Freedom better than I anticipated

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by tiger6919

tiger6919’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Freedom price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6B 2419
After taking 10 cruises, we decided to book an outside cabin. We were pleasantly surprised at the roominess, especially the closets. We were near the rear elevators on the 2nd deck and found the room to be very quiet and comfortable. Speaking of comfort, I must say the mattress was the BEST I have ever experienced on any cruise! I really don't see the need to ever book a Jr Suite or balcony again.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins