• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Norwegian Spirit Review

Editor Rating
2031 reviews
38 Awards

If it weren't for the ports, I'd give it one star

Review for Norwegian Spirit to the Mediterranean
c131frdave
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Mar 2019
Cabin: Balcony

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but this cruise- the ship at least, was a huge disappointment. I started cruising in the 1980s, specifically on the grandest of the grand, the SS Norway. The NCL of then versus the NCL of now is truly night and day.

First, the good. The room was great. We had a balcony on deck 10, and it was spacious, comfortable, and had a nice unobstructed view. The cruise director was delightful. Better than many. The service staff (cabin stewards, excursion folks, service desk) were great. Friendly and helpful. The shows were pretty good as well. The ports were great.

So, what's to complain about, right? Well, the ship. The food. The lack of personal service.

Balcony

Cabin BD

Nice cabin with comfortable space. Great view.

Port Reviews

Barcelona

Barcelona is a jewel. We had no idea the city was so beautiful. Wonderful experience. We arrived three days early before the cruise began, two days for Paris and one day for Barcelona. I wish we would have done 1 in Paris and 2 in Barcelona.

Palma de Mallorca (Majorca)

We drove around and saw the island. Was a nice trip.

Cannes

Delightful. Locals were friendly, much more so than other places in France we had been.

Kotor

What a wonderful surprise! Montenegro is fantastic! Loved every bit of it.

Taormina (Messina)

Kind of boring, but it was rainy, so that could be what is "clouding" my memory.

Naples

Pompeii was fantastic.

Naples

Sorrento was amazing. Loved it.

3 Helpful Votes